Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control and weapons made at home

Natural - yeah... The influx of orders from government agencies appears to be a backdoor attemp at gun control, and aside from sparking a fury for everyone to grab ammo if they see it, theyve caused the prices to skyrocket. The government has drawn too much attention at this point and congress is starting to ask uncomfortable questions, so i kinda think (or at least hope) it's a short lived phenomena.

Theyve managed, despite their wishes, to make the firearms industry extremely profitable. Talk about unintended consequences.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Quote Originally Posted by robjones View Post
    Talk about unintended consequences.
    It seems like it is going to backfire one way or another.

Well, the amount of ammo coming into the USA is at an all time high.
    Problem is getting it to stores as the US Gov, as usual, is taking time to approve the entry of this ammo.

Certain state, caligaynia, is looking to tax more heavily gunpowder.
    And again that state and fed gov are looking at requiring a license, etc. to purchase gunpowder.

Remington is expanding their ammo production at the plant in Arkansas.
    Should be online in one year.

4. Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    Problem is getting it to stores as the US Gov, as usual, is taking time to approve the entry of this ammo.

And again that state and fed gov are looking at requiring a license, etc. to purchase gunpowder.

In California there are plenty of gun toting conservatives in inland rural areas. California also has some of the safest cities in all of the country: Simi Valley, Thousands Oaks, and Irvine.
    phpLD Success Stories 2012 - see what people who use phpLD have done!
    10 SEO Mistakes Directory Owners Make - Let's do better in 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post

We have an ammo production plan here in Nevada less than 12 miles from Las Vegas, I bet they are working in 3 shifts to fill full the demands. As far as the components like powder and primers, it is more difficult to get and the stuffs they've got are not always what I need. For the bullets and cases it is much more economic to buy from specific stores out of the state doing some great prices.

I am extremely picky when choosing my components for my firearms, and each reload is specific.
    The goal is to be accurate as much as possible. I always loved to shoot at paper target and metallic target to the range and make some nice groups. Hunting is not my thing, I hate killing animals.

Just came across this....
    Man and his homemade boomstick — literally a stick that goes “boom” (VIDEO)
    Shows you exactly what I said, how easy it is to make a gun out of whatever is lying around.
    Man and his homemade boomstick -- literally a stick that goes "boom" (VIDEO) - Guns.com

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    Just came across this....
    Man and his homemade boomstick — literally a stick that goes “boom” (VIDEO)
    Shows you exactly what I said, how easy it is to make a gun out of whatever is lying around.
    Man and his homemade boomstick -- literally a stick that goes "boom" (VIDEO) - Guns.com
    I watched similar videos about home boomstick but it wasn't for target shooting, it was for taking down alligators

8. Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    In California there are plenty of gun toting conservatives in inland rural areas. California also has some of the safest cities in all of the country: Simi Valley, Thousands Oaks, and Irvine.
    Those are all gun toting conservative cities. Irvine is smack dab in the middle of Orange County, the coastal capital of conservative California, and I can tell you on a first hand basis the people here own small arsenals.

Re: the unavailability of ammo, it is definitely true here. The shelves are practically empty of long rifle ammunition. It is very concerning, and I suspect people will be stockpiling based on such artificial shortages.

Where has all the ammo gone? | The Daily Caller

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Speaking of gun control and stuff made home, did you see how empty the shelves are in ammo retail stores? Man, there is almost nothing left. Even gun enthousiasts reloading their home made cartridges have difficulty to find components. The other day I was surfing on several sites, the reloading equipment took also expodential price tags.

It seems like they are drying up the ammo and components market.

Do you think it is a way some gun control advocates bypassed the 2A?
    We were discussing that in another thread a couple of weeks ago. The government has outstanding orders for 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, which is causing the shortage. I know a guy who works for Federal Cartridge in Minnesota. They have 5 years worth of orders.

The government cannot possibly use that much ammo unless they plan to run a hot war for 20 years using 219,000 rounds per day. They obvious answer is that they are trying to dry up the ammo supply for consumers by using taxpayer funds to buy up all of the supply. Never underestimate the depth of the smoke and mirrors deception with any politician from Chicago.

The major gun shops are out of all of the popular American brands of ammo, but you can find some of the crappy Russian, Chinese and South American ammo at outrageous prices. Chinese .45 auto goes for $41 per box here in Phoenix at the major sporting goods stores, but if you hunt the small town stores you can still find some bargains. I found a shop in a small town that still had Remington .45 auto for $28 per box. I bought all they had. The real problem is finding .22 long rifle ammo. The manufactureres are so swamped with the government orders that they stopped making .22. I suspect that may have been part of the deal that the government made with the manufacturers when the cut the deal for the huge orders that are much larger than the government can possible use--unless they plan to use it on us.

Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    Does California still have that strange firearms transporting law that requires any firearm being transported to be in plain view, rather than locked in a car trunk?

The video with the homemade shotgun zip gun is pretty cool. It is not hard to figure out how to do that and it loads pretty quickly.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    We were discussing that in another thread a couple of weeks ago. The government has outstanding orders for 1.6 billion rounds of ammo.
    I think it is more than that, they already passed the 2 billions and it seems like they keep going to buy more. They should build their own ammo plan, so they can make whatever they want.

Yesterday I checked to one of my store, they were selling a box of .45 auto cases (100) for $48, so that put 1000 to around $420. That's insane, I used to buy per 1000 cases which costed less than $90, 7 years ago.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast