Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lois Lerner: Top IRS official will invoke Fifth Amendment in congressional hearings

The rats are scurrying in all directions. That makes it hard to put a bead on any of them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by robjones View Post
    Subpeona him anyway. God these guys are freakin weasels.*

*[My apologies to actual weasels for the insulting comparison.]
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    The rats are scurrying in all directions. That makes it hard to put a bead on any of them.
    This is a similar pattern. Former IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman, who commissioner when most of the tea-party targeting occurred, left in November, 2012. (Steve Miller the acting commissioner resigned when the scandal broke)

The thing is that former IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman had 157 meetings at the White House and strange that he attended meetings with Stephanie Cutter, Deputy Campaign Manager for President Obama's 2012 reelection campaign.

Why did Doug Shulman attend 157 meetings at the Whitehouse when the IRS Commissioner under President George Bush visited the WH one time? According to Shulman is went to the WH for such things as Easter Egg Rolls.

Obviously, if Doug Shulman was coordinating the IRS targeting with the Whitehouse, they wouldn't use email or the phone.

Congress needs to subpoena Stephanie Cutter and have her explain the content of her meetings with Shulman under oath.

Read more: Obama Operative Cutter Met With IRS Chief at the White House

Shulman cites Easter Egg Roll

I think by this point we can dispense with "under oath" meaning anything more than a possibility of a stiffer penalty when they get caught lying... Although it appears we've also dispensed with imposing any penalty for lying to congress or lying under oath. Cutter is a certified liar... She isnt about to fess up.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Lying is the new normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Lying is the new normal...
    Especially with a president who promised to run "the most transparent administration in the history of the country." The only thing transparent is the depth of their dishonesty.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Especially with a president who promised to run "the most transparent administration in the history of the country." The only thing transparent is the depth of their dishonesty.
    The promises are cheap talk, you judge a man on his actions. Where I am surprise is that the majority of Americans were much more for freedom and liberties before. Today, there is a kind submission, people rely too much on mainstream media to get their information. The only resisting part of people well aware of what's going on, are the Tea Party. Ran Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee are very good senators issue from this political formation I guess. I also think that many other people are waking up from all sides of the political spectrum, which is very good.

I think this country take a very wrong direction, and it seems that the elites want to put a blueprint society based on China. Power above the laws, paranoiac surveillance on all Americans and on political opponents, preparing for civil unrest is very insulting because we are better than that, preparing military to shoot on civilians, wealthy forcing Chinese wages on Americans, I could go on and on.

I am sorry, but that's not the kind of society I want to live in, I want a better society for my family and I will fight for it.

A very good speech from Representative Ted Poe

If the current gang of Progressive Bolsheviks wins, there isn't anywhere left to go. Most of the civilized world has already gone this route.

Unrest and dissatisfaction with government is everywhere these days.

If the current gang of Progressive Bolsheviks wins, there isn't anywhere left to go. Most of the civilized world has already gone this route.

Unrest and dissatisfaction with government is everywhere these days.
    Well, governements around the world do not listen their people, that's the main reason of dissatisfaction. It seems like the interests of the few "loose cannon on deck" is the top priority.

Bill Clinton used the IRS to target enemies as well. Paula Jones was audited after she refused to settle a sexual harassment suit against President Bill Clinton and Actress Elizabeth Ward was audited after she claimed she had a fling with him. Linda Tripp who figured in the Monica Lewinsky scandal had her confidential FBI file illegally leaked, violating the 1974 Privacy Act.

And Let us not forget about Filegate:

This Clinton scandal involves the discovery of over 900 Republican FBI files in the White House. Files of former Secretary of State James Baker, former National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft, and Newt Gingrich's spokesman Tony Blankley were found to be on this list. Upon the discovery of these files, the White House issued an excuse claiming that the files were mistakenly requested by a White House employee working with an outdated list. They were called a simple "snafu." Investigations into Filegate revealed that not a common White House worker but the President's friend and close advisor, Anthony Marceca, had requested the files.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast