Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Egypt teeters on brink of overthrow, seven reported killed in clashes

I smell another civil war in the making.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I smell another civil war in the making.
    Very possible, and it could bring all the foreign radical neighbourhood into the game.

If Egypt goes into civil war mode?
    You will see the sunni and the shia start taking sides.
    Then there will be a bloodbath not just in Egypt, but across the muslim lands.

One wonders if this is what Buck Ofama and his regime want?
    Or were they blindsided by this?
    And now afraid of taking sides for fear other countries will look at Egypt and have their own new revolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    One wonders if this is what Buck Ofama and his regime want?
    Or were they blindsided by this?
    And now afraid of taking sides for fear other countries will look at Egypt and have their own new revolutions.
    I see two possibilities. Either the Obama Crime Syndicate is packed with the most evil geniuses that the world has ever known, or they are just a bunch of hopelessly stupid and naive ideologues. Take your pick. Neither is good.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

I believe it is a combination of the two.
    Some bits of genius, and the rest just pure being dumbass.

And that is what makes him and his regime so horrible.

I don't believe that Egypt will see a civil war as long as the military can find out how to pay for wheat imports.

The crisis is about wheat shortages and government subsidies. Egypt consumes 60% more wheat than it produces and the population increases 1 million every 9 months. The Egyptian people are literally eating up their foreign currency reserves. The cost of a pita bread is 1 cent and the rest of the cost is subsidized by the government which 80% of the population depends on to survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12