Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expert says prez photoshopped in?

Sounds like a Texas thing. I'm sure someone at the state fair either has or soon will intro deep fried lemonade on a stick. It's a weird place.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Hey now, the Iowa State Fair is no slouch when it comes to fried foods of the weird sort.

But still, not a recipe found yet.
    Some jokers said to me: Lemons, sugars, bacons, and waters!

Hahahahahhaa

The real problem is trying to separate the fact from the fiction, when we are overwhelmed with fiction and propaganda. We cannot even verify the facts in some cases. I tried following up on an Alex Jones story about FEMA checkpoints being set up around the country that were stopping, questioning, and frisking motorists. I found hundreds or articles on the web. Every one that I reviewed cited the original Alex Jones article. I never found any independent or first hand accounts or proof.

I am working on a theory that say too much information is detrimental to the stability of the world. The Internet may be leading us right into WWIII.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Both sides seem perfectly happy using FB and Twitter to spread absolute crap that happens to coincide with their preconceived notions. So anything negative about the Obama administration will be spread as if it were true, regardless of the lack of veracity and the ease with which it is debunked. That just feeds the idea that ALL rightwingers are tin-foil hat wearing loons, and provides excellent cover for real scandals. I would not be surprised if the left isnt intentionally creating sites to spread RW rumors for exactly that purpose (and that is JUST a suspicion, not a fact).

Meanwhile the left continues to repeat ridiculous slander about the right, to the point it becomes "common knowledge". So now, despite all evidence to the contrary, the Tea Party and Libertarian types are branded racists. We couldn't be considered more racist by the left if we went out every day in white sheets. It isnt true, in fact there are RW blacks who are unlikely to hate blacks. So the "common knowledge about those is they are "traitors" to their race, as if all races are supposed to vote monolithically. Meanwhile women on the right are excouriated as "stupid" by supposed feminists. Like blacks, all females who are not Democrats are touted as "traitors" that hate their own kind.

Both sides have one thing in common: too many people who will believe whatever they see on the net if they like it.
    On the bright side, now we can all meet "french models" on the net and date them. Bon Jour.
    Last edited by robjones; 25 August, 2013 at 20:28 PM.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Sorry, I can not meet french models.

Wife says so...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12