Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Directory Rant - darn SEO monkeys

I see those come in waves. Looking at two more right now:

heating company Bergenfield NJ, heating service Bergenfield NJ, heating repair Bergenfield NJ, plumber Bergenfield NJ, air conditioning service Bergenfield NJ, air conditioning repair Bergenfield NJ, ac repair Bergenfield NJ, ac service Bergenfield NJ, hvac company Bergenfield NJ, hvac contractor Bergenfield NJ, hvac service Bergenfield NJ

jiu jitsu new mexico, brazilian jiu jitsu new mexico, santa fe jiu jitsu, jiu jitsu, brazilian jiu jitsu, self defense, womens self defense, kids jiu jitsu, adult jiu jitsu classes

I delete this stuff automatically, but they continue to send it... which means they were paid by some idiot to accomplish absolutely nothing. These aren't SEOs, they're thieves.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Rob, like I said, the same crap show up as blog comments on my blogs all the time.
    No coherent sentence, just the same keywords in different order, over and over and over.

I am thinking, like you, that so many small business and small website owners are spending bucks with so called SEO gurus (I have yet to come across a real one) to post crap like this all over the net.

When the internet caught traction to the point it was obvious companies needed a web presence... I watched business owners shell out thousands of dollars for a website, usually to some fast talker who could spew enough techie sounding acronyms to baffle the poor bastard into writing them a huge check for extraordinarily sub-par work. I watched one owner go thru it at least three different times... and hewlped him turn away a couple of other pretenders.

People that know nothing about SEO pay money to people they THINK know something about SEO. And so you get this shit-on-a-shingle BS that hasn't worked for years, foisted by the unconscionable onto the unwary. A fool and his money....
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    I am thinking, like you, that so many small business and small website owners are spending bucks with so called SEO gurus (I have yet to come across a real one) to post crap like this all over the net.
    There are legitimate SEO companies out there. They do not rip people off and they do not engage in crappy link building. I know because I ran an SEO company for many years and we never engaged in the type of crap that people frequently told us they paid big bucks for, nor did we do link building. Unfortunately, that is not the situation today for probably at least 70% to 80% of the remaining SEO companies. Most of the legimate companies got tired of pissing into the wind and moved on to other things.

In all the years we were doing SEO work, I never met a legitimate link builder or one who even did what they said they would do.

Just last month I picked up a new AdWords client with a 10 page website who told me he was paying $100 per month through Network Solutions for SEO.com to do monthly search engine submissions. He was quite surprised when I told him search engine submissions have been obsolete and worthless for at least 10 to 12 years.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

I know individuals and companies will spend useless time and money trying to get their website/business out on the net.
    Long story, but I ran sites back in the early 90's that were nothing but banner farms.
    And people paid me big bucks to have their banner shown.

And then there was my son and a few others.
    Who convinced a lot of companies to host with them to the tune of upwards of $10,000 a month!
    And who designed sites, wrote needed software, etc for big freaking bucks.

And today, one would think something like the above would not be happening.
    But sadly, it still does.
    See USG for proof of people who were clueless about sites and paid out millions to have sites put up (latest one did not and still does not work).

More SEO greatness. The left is "About Us". It'd be tough to have that many errors in so few words.
    Three (of eleven) words have correct spelling and caps. The sentence ends without punctuation.

The right is their products and services (apparently the business has neither).

SEO greatness.png

How much do they charge someone to do this anyway? I could train chimps to do that.

LOL. Yes, I really CAN bitch about it ad infinitum. I'm just amazed people pay for About Us descriptions like...
    we being in business since 2000, with impeccable record,

Be careful, Chimps have a union and they may not like being compared to seo idiots.

I have impeccable record (Chuck Berry and His Greatest Hits).

Prize: Most ironic descrip of the day...
    we take the confusion our of insurance.

Hi,

So where is this business dir Rob? I want to add a listing.

I will write all info in Pig Latin just kidding.

Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast