Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Directory Submissions -- Results?

1. I have been chipping away with the free directory submissions over the last several months. I don't mass submit, though.

They still do seem to work. As others have said, you should vary the anchor text a bit. If you do that, and try different keywords here and there, you'll see a slow rise in rankings for those keywords.

Well i think so directory submissions are still little bit effective else great SEO companies will not be using it anymore...
    I prefer using high PR directories like 100 PR 5+ and having good alexa rankings as well but the approval rate is not high on these directories so you can even go for new directories having good backlinks and alexa ranking with low PR because they have a great chance of getting good PR in future and you will get some benefits in SERP via these directories too..
    So if we talk about directory submissions you can go for 100 PR 5+ , 100 PR 2+ and 100 less thn PR 2 but make sure any site having PR 3 or less got decent/good backlinks and nice alexa rankings..
    I am looking forward to collect such directories so that i can avail it for all of my websites
    Thanks
    PHYza

Quote Originally Posted by phyza17 View Post
    Well i think so directory submissions are still little bit effective else great SEO companies will not be using it anymore...
    That's a classic logical error: Appeal to Authority.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    That's a classic logical error: Appeal to Authority.
    Yeah! When everyone else is doing it then it's either too late or on it's way out.

5. I don't think directory submission actually helps. I have mostly just focused positing in forums and commenting on blogs. I think these two methods are the best.

It does help, only that you need to do it properly. Focus on long keywords, do only upto 120 submissions/day and do it for atleast 3 weeks. I am sure your serps will increase. Mass and automated submissions will give you nothing.

Well, do you guys believe that social bookmarking is better than directory submissions? (didn't feel like making another thread)

Social bookmarking has been proven to bring traffic whereas directory submissions have not.

While both bring you backlinks, it's easier to get backlinks from directories.

good for pagerank but not for visits

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    good for pagerank but not for visits
    And PageRank is essentially useless.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast