Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 136

Thread: Get a custom theme!

  1. #21
    It's very...white. Needs a different background color.

  2. #22

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by stickycarrots View Post
    It's very...white. Needs a different background color.
    I thought the same, but Will says there is more to come, so lets wait and see what he has in store for all of us

  3. #23
    Grey fonts are hard to read, specially when there are new posts, you just can't differentiate those easily.
    Thanks button needs update.
    Online/Offline buttons should be easier to differentiate also.

    Overall I preferred the default theme.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    Online/Offline buttons should be easier to differentiate also.
    I'm thinking of removing the Offline button altogether.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  5. #25
    Its nice but why don't you try with #08518f ?

  6. looks weird now, too much white, but maybe it will pass. Give us a few days to consider

  7. I've had a half dozen members IM me telling me how much they hate the new theme.

    Personally, this is almost exactly the theme I wanted.

    So... it looks like we're getting a new new theme.

    But here's where the process gets complex!

    How do we decide what the new new theme should look like? What do you guys (and gals) like in a theme? What are some example themes that you really like?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. #28
    Well, and maybe this is just me, but... I'd like to see the posts and headings off the page.

    You gota have at least 1 more color to compliment the blue and maybe even a third, a neutral tone to ground the page.

    I'd like icons/glyphs rather than all the text buttons and if the text stays, than the font can easily be dropped, it's too big atm. A 9point pixel font will do well for a web mastering site as well as trimming out the size of the buttons.

    I think if you're going to compete with the other web mastering sites, you have to appeal to that audiences taste both in the content the function and as importantly, the design. In my opinion, if you can't reinvent or at the very least don’t want to risk something new, do what's be proven to work and has an established level of acceptance in this industry - In a nutshell, gloss it up and splash some color around...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jay. View Post
    Well, and maybe this is just me, but... I'd like to see the posts and headings off the page.
    Ya' lost me. Can you say that again in a lot of little words?

    Quote Originally Posted by jay. View Post
    I'd like icons/glyphs rather than all the text buttons and if the text stays, than the font can easily be dropped, it's too big atm. A 9point pixel font will do well for a web mastering site as well as trimming out the size of the buttons.
    Icons often don't work for me, as I usually can't figure out what they are supposed to mean.

    I do agree that the fonts on some of these buttons are too large.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay. View Post
    I think if you're going to compete with the other web mastering sites, you have to appeal to that audiences taste both in the content the function and as importantly, the design. In my opinion, if you can't reinvent or at the very least don’t want to risk something new, do what's be proven to work and has an established level of acceptance in this industry - In a nutshell, gloss it up and splash some color around...
    Actually, I'm copying the designs of two of the leading (in terms of quality) webmaster forums -- seobook.com and seo.com. Both have white backgrounds.

    WebMasterWorld has a theme that looks like it escaped from the 1980's. DP has a theme that is a very slight modification of the vBulletin default. v7n had a somewhat decent theme, but now it's been so slathered with ads that it's almost unusable. Those are competitors I don't want to copy.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  10. #30
    Well, I've switched back to the default theme

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTB] custom wordpress theme
    By SonnyCooL in forum Themes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31 August, 2010, 07:49 AM
  2. Guide to Good Forums: Creating a Custom Theme
    By Macster in forum Community Building
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13 June, 2010, 23:16 PM
  3. Custom Theme
    By Sbfc_ in forum Community Building
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21 March, 2010, 11:58 AM
  4. [WTH] Buying Custom glype theme
    By Pumpylumpy in forum Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30 April, 2009, 16:04 PM
  5. [WTS] PR2 Design Blog, Aged Domain, Custom Theme
    By CoreyFreeman in forum Sites
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19 April, 2009, 23:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •