Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Grocery Store Charging 5 Cents Per Bag!

that would make some good publicity for the shop

Yeah, even this big news is giving the store some major publicity. Everyone here is talking about it.. However, I have a feeling people might go to other grocery stores. Thats how people are.

Doesn't surprise me. Aldi's charges for bags - 10 cents per plastic or 5 cents per paper bag.

You get used to carrying your own bags or grabbing empty boxes to put your stuff in.
    Webmaster Forums
    Host Mist | Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated
    Arcade Master - Rule the arcade!

Thats true. However people are smart. The cheap ones will be looking for alternatives. Where do you think people get thier garbage bags?? ..from these stores.

It sound like a great way to make money and make a profit during the recession.

In Germany none of the supermarkets give free bags, you always have to buy them, so most people have canvas bags they take with them, and they can fold into your pocket.

In Spain, where I live now, only a few supermarkets are charging for bags, but some of the provincial governments are now bringing in regulations to reduce plastic use and I think in a couple of years most of the supermarkets will fall into line.

Quote Originally Posted by elbandelero View Post
    In Germany none of the supermarkets give free bags, you always have to buy them, so most people have canvas bags they take with them, and they can fold into your pocket.

In Spain, where I live now, only a few supermarkets are charging for bags, but some of the provincial governments are now bringing in regulations to reduce plastic use and I think in a couple of years most of the supermarkets will fall into line.
    You got that right, in a few years they will all have the same options, but many people are planning on getting those canvas bags. its easier too i guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12