View Poll Results: Should we bring phproxy back?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, go for it!

    23 79.31%
  • Maybe, not sure.

    5 17.24%
  • No, No way!

    1 3.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Phproxy, should we bring it back into development?

  1. I think a new proxy script would be great, but PHProxy is so primitive it would be pretty much like starting over from scratch.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I think a new proxy script would be great, but PHProxy is so primitive it would be pretty much like starting over from scratch.
    You're right Will, but it's a very well known script so it will be easier for me to promote it since there's a lot of people already still supporting it despite not having any support or updates. Also it would save me some time of development.

    My goal is to improve it's compatibility, add a very flexible back-end system which it never had, and with lots of options that no script has ever had, not even Glype.

    Proxy owners won't have to open config.php file to edit title, description, or add google ads. Everything should be done through an easy-to-use back-end (admin page). Something like Wordpress and Joomla.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jorge05r View Post
    Proxy owners won't have to open config.php file to edit title, description, or add google ads. Everything should be done through an easy-to-use back-end (admin page). Something like Wordpress and Joomla.
    Instead of a nice GUI for single proxies, I'd like an automated system where I could set up a hundred proxies with just a few keystrokes.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Instead of a nice GUI for single proxies, I'd like an automated system where I could set up a hundred proxies with just a few keystrokes.
    Isn't that what ProxyMan is all about? Never used it, or have any clue if it actually does what it claims, but from what I've read, that's what it sounds like; ie setting up multiple phproxy sites from one interface.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Instead of a nice GUI for single proxies, I'd like an automated system where I could set up a hundred proxies with just a few keystrokes.
    That's something I've been thinking about and thanks for mentioning it because I would love to discuss it. But before I add it to the list of features I wanted to make sure it is possible and easy to develop it since I'm trying to keep the script database-free which means no installation required while having all of these amazing features that would make the proxy owner experience much easier.

    Will, Would you mind explaining with further details, step by step, how the "automated system" you're talking about would work and exactly what it would do so I can understand exactly what you meant?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ProxySites.ca
    Posts
    241
    Stupid ***** who bought Glype is just letting it die.

    mmm..Poor Script

    Watching a good dog getting shot is a bad image

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ProxySites.ca View Post
    Stupid ***** who bought Glype is just letting it die.
    mmm..Poor Script
    Watching a good dog getting shot is a bad image
    Completely agree with you, the new owner of glype owns a website offering a service/tool that Blocks Every type of Web Proxy there is. (PHProxy, Glype, CGIProxy, Custom or otherwise)

    Why would he be interested in buying the script which he is actually offering to block on his other site?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge05r View Post
    Completely agree with you, the new owner of glype owns a website offering a service/tool that Blocks Every type of Web Proxy there is. (PHProxy, Glype, CGIProxy, Custom or otherwise)

    Why would he be interested in buying the script which he is actually offering to block on his other site?
    Interested in shutting the proxy industry down altogether?

  9. #19
    I voted "Not sure" because i never used PhProxy, i used only Zelune, Surrogafier and Glype.
    ...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,137
    In the next week or two I'll be testing out CGIProxy and PHProxy because I'm getting sick of Glype. I think I'll keep Glype on my current proxies, but if it continues to deteriorate I'll switch. My only worry about CGIProxy is the resource usage, so PHProxy is a real consideration.
    █ WiredStorm Hosting Solutions
    █ Lightning Fast Shared and Reseller Hosting
    █ cPanel with Softaculous and 24/7 Email (Ticket) Support
    Biodegradable Sunscreen - Unblock Facebook

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. any good listing site can bring lot of traffic?
    By Greyhound in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 6 November, 2011, 12:23 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28 April, 2011, 17:51 PM
  3. What Proxy Lists Bring You The Most Traffic?
    By vectro in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16 March, 2010, 22:52 PM
  4. Proxy Lists That Bring Me The Most Traffic
    By vectro in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12 February, 2010, 01:18 AM
  5. Bring Down Internet Explorer 6
    By gloson in forum Web Design
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24 April, 2009, 11:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •