I would like to make Mighty Guide a major project at Free Internet Media.
The site really went into production today, but it's still got a lot of work left to be done.
I wrote up a little blog post to announce the site to the world: Mighty Guide | Free Internet Media
What do you think? How can we improve this baby?
Nice articles though i think the site would be alot more popular if it was set up in a manner where it looks like a sort of wikipedia rather than a blog.
Nice! I really needed to exchange a few more links. :p
On a more serious note...
- First of all I don't like that dark background, I'm sure you could do better with something lighter or maybe even white.
- Second - I'd change that "header" (where the search box and the home and about pages are standing - <Div id="pages">) to something different, maybe some art design, graphical header, whatever but black.
- Third - ad placement - Your in content units are too close to each other, I really think you could do better if you moved your second unit to the end of each article.
- Fourth - That 200x200 unit isn't showing properly at the homepage, I also think you might do better with a 160*600 unit.
- Fifth - You might want to add a 728*15 link unit somewhere at the top as it converts pretty well (you know this part :p)
- Sixth - You need to renew that domain for a few more years as it helps SEO (imho)
I like that logo, looks clear and professional; your content is good as always and the idea is great (I'm biased here :D)
You mean with a front page that is only a search?
Originally Posted by PSDproxies
Forgot to add...
- You need a sexy landing page (content I mean), something including a few higher paying keywords that could link to some of your inner articles instead of just a few of your last blog posts. :)
- You need to start adding pictures to your posts; if done in a "clever way" :angel: they can bring you thousands of visitors in less than 2 months. :money:
rather than a wiki, what about allowing more people to post on there?
Cool domainname. I agree with PSDproxies for user input (articles), wiki style.
My vote for above suggestions. Good domain name and can be a real mighty guide with a good presentation. It is a blog now.
- The post on top, should be a sort of 'about' page, or something similar to the tech-faq.com homepage, as the site looks now like it is about Windmills :)
- I like the designing on the website
- Is it normal that the pages on the bottom show strange characters?
Design wise, it's not something which stands out. I'm not sure if this is one of main areas of concern for you. Personally I don't like the way '.net' is being displayed in the logo - well that's just me. I believe you can make it better.
Every time I refresh a page, the ad placement changes. And most of the times the ad placement breaks the sentence in between. This might improve CTR but end user experience will also be affected. The other thing I noticed is sometimes ads appear in different font sizes (I took a pic, if you want to see) - not sure if this is just with my computer or what.
And don't you already have too many pages on 'how to' in Google's index :D :beer: