Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MyBrute Game Guide Blog - Please Review

  1. #1
    stickycarrots's Avatar
    stickycarrots is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    QuickInbox.com
    Posts
    753
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 86 Times in 59 Posts

    Question MyBrute Game Guide Blog - Please Review

    MyBrute Game Guide


    I have recently started a MyBrute blog. Most of you know that I am quite addicted to MyBrute so I thought it would be a good investment of time to develop a blog about it (I go into quite a bit of detail of why exactly on my other blog).

    Anyway, please take a moment to look over the blog and maybe a post or two and let me know what you think. The design is a very modded version of a WP theme called White. The comments file was completely rewritten to include Twitter @replies and Twitter OAuth login.

    Your review is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Luke

  2. #2
    Kovich's Avatar
    Kovich is offline Community Guardian
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Blog Entries
    30
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 420 Times in 279 Posts
    The design is very nice, user-friendly - simplistic, but to the point. So kudos on that.

    I don't know much about 'MyBrute' but it seems like you have some well-written content on the subject. What are your goals with the site?

    Notes:
    Advertising is well-placed and unobtrusive.
    This image (http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/388480585/brute_normal.gif) seems as though the guy's hair is partially chopped off!
    I would be really careful with using MyBrute's images without authorization to use them.

  3. #3
    stickycarrots's Avatar
    stickycarrots is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    QuickInbox.com
    Posts
    753
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 86 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muqtada123 View Post
    Your website design looks unique to me, i dont know about trend or fashion now a days but this kind of interface i saw very rare. Good work
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    The design is very nice, user-friendly - simplistic, but to the point. So kudos on that.

    I don't know much about 'MyBrute' but it seems like you have some well-written content on the subject. What are your goals with the site?

    Notes:
    Advertising is well-placed and unobtrusive.
    This image (http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/388480585/brute_normal.gif) seems as though the guy's hair is partially chopped off!
    I would be really careful with using MyBrute's images without authorization to use them.
    Thanks for your comments. My main goal for the site is to capture some of the traffic coming from the popularity of MyBrute. I plan to do that by creating unique, well thought out, and informative MyBrute articles.

    The guy's hair is partially cut off in the image because it is an avatar for the site's Twitter (coming directly from Twitter).

    Yeah, I am a little worried about the whole using MyBrute images without their consent because I am not sure of all the laws, but when taking a look at some of my competitor website's I noticed all of them are doing it MUCH WORSE than I am As far as the header image goes I plan to have a custom one done soon

  4. #4
    CoreyFreeman's Avatar
    CoreyFreeman is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 55 Times in 47 Posts
    Your My Brute images should link back to your homepage, not to the my brute website. People will click the logo then get irritated when they're taken to creating a new brute. It's bad usability.

  5. #5
    gavenecko's Avatar
    gavenecko is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Wow, that is going to make you a lot of money for sure! I love mybrute and play it every now and again. It's fun! Your site looks killer!

  6. #6
    stickycarrots's Avatar
    stickycarrots is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    QuickInbox.com
    Posts
    753
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 86 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyheathen View Post
    Your My Brute images should link back to your homepage, not to the my brute website. People will click the logo then get irritated when they're taken to creating a new brute. It's bad usability.
    I agree and I am going to do that once I have my own header image made. Until then I think it's unfair to link it to my own site
    Quote Originally Posted by gavenecko View Post
    Wow, that is going to make you a lot of money for sure! I love mybrute and play it every now and again. It's fun! Your site looks killer!
    Thanks. It is doing pretty well so far. I can't wait for more of the pages to get indexed (especially the translated ones!)

Similar Threads

  1. [WTH] Article Writer for MyBrute Guide
    By stickycarrots in forum Content
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29 August, 2009, 19:23 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6 July, 2009, 09:08 AM
  3. [WTS] FreeUsbGames.com portable Game blog.
    By geeknb in forum Sites
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6 April, 2009, 04:24 AM
  4. [WTS] The Blog Cash Guide - eBook Website
    By Nathan in forum Sites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30 January, 2009, 06:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •