Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Please review my bloghosting site

  1. #1
    ankit is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts

    Red face Please review my bloghosting site

    After a hard work of months I have almost completed one of my most important project. This is a bloghosting site built on wordpress multiuser software allowing users to use over 500 free themes with a lot of customization options and over 50 plugins to enhance the capabilities of their blog.

    I have tested almost each and every theme manually and made corrections and edited many of them. Added over 50 plugins and tested them manually many times and updated everyday and checked their cross compatibility.

    So far everything seems to be working fine with me but still I would like to know your reviews about the site as I know that there are still many bugs left which I couldn't check myself.

    Please notify me about the bugs and your suggestions for the improvement are most welcome


  2. #2
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Looks great, but don't laugh with me.. I searched around 1 minute (that's long) to find a 'signup button'. Than I saw there was a big image on the front page LoL

    At the moment the interface looks great, didn't test it yet.

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  3. Thanked by:

    ankit (25 March, 2009)

  4. #3
    ankit is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    Looks great, but don't laugh with me.. I searched around 1 minute (that's long) to find a 'signup button'. Than I saw there was a big image on the front page LoL

    At the moment the interface looks great, didn't test it yet.

    Greetz

    lol
    thanks for that

    i bought this theme for $60 on DP and when i first installed it on wpmu it had 100's of errors so now almost 80% part of the theme is also done by myself and obviousely the header, signup button and promotional logo too i designed myself though i am not a designer

    So please do comment genuinely on the designs too

  5. #4
    JimmyK's Avatar
    JimmyK is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
    Here is my review. The overall theme is good. But I would like to suggest few things:


    1- Get a header, logo, graphics designed by a professional designer. That will be a plus for your site.
    2- The color theme is bit dull or its just me
    3- Current graphics are good enough but a professional designer would for sure add something to the template
    4- Color of text here is different from color at this page or the other way.

  6. Thanked by:

    ankit (25 March, 2009)

  7. #5
    ankit is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    Here is my review. The overall theme is good. But I would like to suggest few things:


    1- Get a header, logo, graphics designed by a professional designer. That will be a plus for your site.
    2- The color theme is bit dull or its just me
    3- Current graphics are good enough but a professional designer would for sure add something to the template
    4- Color of text here is different from color at this page or the other way.

    thanks for all your suggestions mate. Will surely get it all done within next few days.

    Also looking for someone to test and review the backend now

  8. #6
    fast1 is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    @ankit, Sorry I didn't find your URL of your Blog project. Okay I will comeback soon to see your major output. Thanks

  9. #7
    rome9t9's Avatar
    rome9t9 is offline No Longer Loves SEO
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    If I tell you, I would have to kill you.
    Posts
    614
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 105 Times in 77 Posts
    domain name jhakass hai...

    site thoda feeka lag raha hai..pls change the layout..i think your $60 could have been used for better purposes.

    put more content on home page..write how many themes and plugins you have and why one should join you..

    also make 5-10 blogs yourself with cool themes and put some plr content on them and show them as an example..

    put the "click to sing up" on the sidebar..its intrusive on the main page..

    bahot potential hai is site main..

  10. Thanked by:

    ankit (25 March, 2009)

  11. #8
    ankit is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
    thanks for your honest review
    i am still working on home content, graphics and support system and that will be completed within this week itself

    and i have noted all your suggestions and going to apply them as soon as possible
    also thanks for complimenting the domain


    also got 4-5 regular bloggers signup with the help of adwords who published some good posts and pages which i am sure that is going to help in startup


    Quote Originally Posted by rome9t9 View Post
    domain name jhakass hai...

    site thoda feeka lag raha hai..pls change the layout..i think your $60 could have been used for better purposes.

    put more content on home page..write how many themes and plugins you have and why one should join you..

    also make 5-10 blogs yourself with cool themes and put some plr content on them and show them as an example..

    put the "click to sing up" on the sidebar..its intrusive on the main page..

    bahot potential hai is site main..

    the url is http://blogz.co.in

    its there in first post in form of an image
    Quote Originally Posted by fast1 View Post
    @ankit, Sorry I didn't find your URL of your Blog project. Okay I will comeback soon to see your major output. Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Please review my new site
    By ChaoscripT in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27 September, 2009, 11:25 AM
  2. Please review my site
    By nick09 in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21 June, 2009, 22:26 PM
  3. Please review my site - best review gets a prize!
    By forcer in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30 April, 2009, 10:42 AM
  4. Please Review My Site
    By Sharky Hosting in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24 January, 2009, 01:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •