Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Review http://www.karamnatour.com/

  1. #1
    Aziz's Avatar
    Aziz is offline no investment, no glory
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts

    Review http://www.karamnatour.com/

    Hey guys,

    I made this website for my brother (he's into photography)
    I would appreciate any reviews or feedback

    Karam Natour Photography - Homepage

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    Your brother is quite talented!

    Is there a way to get rid of the content-free splash page?

    Somehow having all the photos together detracts from the beauty of each individual photo. Is it possible for the viewer software to show just one photo at a time?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  3. Thanked by:

    Aziz (29 December, 2009)

  4. #3
    Aziz's Avatar
    Aziz is offline no investment, no glory
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Your brother is quite talented!

    Is there a way to get rid of the content-free splash page?

    Somehow having all the photos together detracts from the beauty of each individual photo. Is it possible for the viewer software to show just one photo at a time?
    thanks Will I tried convincing my brother that a splash page is useless but he insisted in having it (can't argue with him )

    Anyway, I don't know if it can show one photo in the frame (maybe that feature is available in the pro premium version of the script)

    However, photos on the sides are faded to black, that reduces the level of distraction somewhat

  5. #4
    Snak3's Avatar
    Snak3 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    629
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 190 Times in 121 Posts
    I'm feeling like a complete noob at the moment as i can't get ahead of your Splash Page. Pressing enter doesn't help Is there something specific that i should do or have you cut out the remaining part of the site for construction?

    Anyways, the splash page looks amazing but as Will said, it may not be needed. If you're brother is not much into internet marketing, traffic ,etc.. and just wants the site for personal purposes and for friends and family and does not plan to monetize from the site, i'd say keep the splash page.

    Since i couldn't get ahead from the first page, i just checked the code and found a typo in your Meta Description tag.
    The first word is spelled as 'Dsicover' instead of 'Discover'

  6. #5
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts

  7. #6
    Aziz's Avatar
    Aziz is offline no investment, no glory
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
    I'm feeling like a complete noob at the moment as i can't get ahead of your Splash Page. Pressing enter doesn't help Is there something specific that i should do or have you cut out the remaining part of the site for construction?

    Anyways, the splash page looks amazing but as Will said, it may not be needed. If you're brother is not much into internet marketing, traffic ,etc.. and just wants the site for personal purposes and for friends and family and does not plan to monetize from the site, i'd say keep the splash page.

    Since i couldn't get ahead from the first page, i just checked the code and found a typo in your Meta Description tag.
    The first word is spelled as 'Dsicover' instead of 'Discover'
    Oh my bad. it's been fixed now! Thanks
    And yes, it is only for personal use, he does not plan to monetize it

    if you're still having troubles entering, you can go directly to the page: http://www.karamnatour.com/gallery.html

  8. #7
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,853
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Nice, but the tools of trade are beneath the layout here:
    About - Karam Natour Photography

    Or is it just in my browser?


    Great pictures by the way!
    |Nico Lawsons

  9. #8
    Aziz's Avatar
    Aziz is offline no investment, no glory
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    Nice, but the tools of trade are beneath the layout here:
    About - Karam Natour Photography

    Or is it just in my browser?


    Great pictures by the way!
    o_o

    what's your screen resolution?

  10. #9
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,853
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    o_o

    what's your screen resolution?
    Just 1024*768
    |Nico Lawsons

  11. #10
    Aziz's Avatar
    Aziz is offline no investment, no glory
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    Just 1024*768
    thanks mate, fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27 August, 2009, 06:58 AM
  2. Review for http://beststreams.net please!
    By Profithost in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10 January, 2009, 10:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •