Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Internal Linking is not good for SEO?

  1. #11
    anantshri is offline on leave from Net Builders : will post rarely
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olivadisuja View Post
    I think Internal linking is not good for SEO, it is a bad practice.

    read the whole post.

    internal linking is good i don't need to reiterate what others have already said.

  2. #12
    Social-Media is offline Search Marketing Consultant
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proweb View Post
    I have ready somewhere on a blog, that internal linking is not good. Certainly external links have much more values, but what about internal links?

    I'm very confused now, because I thought that internal link building has a big importance in ranking.

    Has google changed this in their algorithm? Any help is highly appreciate! Thanks!
    Whomever wrote what you read is smoking crack! LOL Internal linking is VERY important from an SEO perspective. It not only affects rankings, but also whether or not your page gets indexed to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by olivadisuja View Post
    I think Internal linking is not good for SEO, it is a bad practice.
    ROFLMAO And some MORE bad advice. Have you ever heard of Wikipedia. If internal linking where bad for SEO then this site would be at the bottom of the rankings instead of ranking #1 or #2 for literally MILLIONS of competitive keyword phrases.

    puff puff pass lol
    Last edited by bogart; 8 April, 2010 at 11:20 AM.

  3. #13
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    One of the issues with internal links are webmasters abuse them for slamming the anchor text. For example, with "anchor text" sp*m by placing multiple links to the same page but with different anchor text. So this kind of linking isn't good for SEO.

    However, internal linking is the best way to drive users to your pages and help the search engines find them. A good example of a website that uses internal linking is Diagnose-Me - Online Diagnosis - Diagnostic Tool The site has 3000+ pages but there is no menu on the homepage. Rather the site uses internal linking as opposed to menu based navigation. Here's am example of internal page highlighting the internal linking scheme: Diagnose-Me: Condition: Heavy Metal Toxicity

    In the Matt Cutts Interviewed by Eric Enge - Google Crawl and Site Architecture Matt Cutts expains that internal text links are good for SEO.

    [b]Matt Cutts:/[b] A good example might be to start with your ten best selling products, put those on the front page, and then on those product pages you could have links to your next ten or hundred best selling products. Each product could have ten links, and each of those ten links could point to ten other products that are selling relatively well. Think about sites like YouTube or Amazon; they do an amazing job of driving users to related pages and related products that they might want to buy anyway.

    If you show up on one of those pages and you see something that looks really good, you click on that and then from there you see five more useful and related products. You are immediately driving both users and search engines straight to your important products rather than starting to dive into a deep faceted navigation. It is the sort of thing where sites should experiment and find out what works best for them.

  4. #14
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    One of the issues with internal links are webmasters abuse them for slamming the anchor text. For example, with "anchor text" sp*m by placing multiple links to the same page but with different anchor text. So this kind of linking isn't good for SEO.

    However, internal linking is the best way to drive users to your pages and help the search engines find them. A good example of a website that uses internal linking is Diagnose-Me - Online Diagnosis - Diagnostic Tool The site has 3000+ pages but there is no menu on the homepage. Rather the site uses internal linking as opposed to menu based navigation. Here's am example of internal page highlighting the internal linking scheme: Diagnose-Me: Condition: Heavy Metal Toxicity

    In the Matt Cutts Interviewed by Eric Enge - Google Crawl and Site Architecture Matt Cutts expains that internal text links are good for SEO.
    Amazon's and Youtube's releated content features are a fantastic way to explain the importance of internal linking.If you show your customers/visitors that there is more content/products they might be interested in,they will at least open and "scan" the page to see what its all about,if the content is good,they will probably read it.At least thats the way I do it,if a link is surrounded with good content I will most likely click it to read more good content

  5. Thanked by:

    bogart (10 April, 2010)

  6. #15
    Arunkumar's Avatar
    Arunkumar is offline Efforts Never Fail
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    323
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
    Internal linking is a good option to rank for a keyword.

  7. #16
    Social-Media is offline Search Marketing Consultant
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proweb View Post
    I have ready somewhere on a blog, that internal linking is not good. Certainly external links have much more values, but what about internal links?

    I'm very confused now, because I thought that internal link building has a big importance in ranking.

    Has google changed this in their algorithm? Any help is highly appreciate! Thanks!
    Don't believe everything you read. Internal linking is VERY powerful from an SEO perspective. The idiot that wrote that is yet another dweeb that has learned a few SEO buzz words and tauts themselves as an SEO expert.

  8. #17
    xxtoni's Avatar
    xxtoni is offline xxtoni
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Social-Media View Post
    Don't believe everything you read. Internal linking is VERY powerful from an SEO perspective. The idiot that wrote that is yet another dweeb that has learned a few SEO buzz words and tauts themselves as an SEO expert.
    Yup,that's one of the problems online,everyone is an expert,critic etc...But dont judge too fast,most of us do the same thing every day,we create a niche website,pay some freelancer $100 for a few articles,he writes them,we post them,and another spam page is created,the information the end-user receives is not really from an expert,it's just something that someone read and wrote again with different words,but who cares,it makes good money,and that's all that matters,we can't all be like Jobs and "put a dent in the universe"

  9. #18
    airforce1's Avatar
    airforce1 is offline Athletic Shoes Dealer Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ShoesBuyOnline.com
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    In my own experiences, having a well structured, keyword oriented internal linking system would be really helpful in increasing link popularity and thus helps a lot in ranking purpose, too.

    Thanks,
    Men's air jordan shoes, women jordan shoes,
    jordan fusion shoes buy online.

  10. #19
    Seoexpert is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interlinking is good there is no problem in if you do it. But while doing external linking i will suggest you that link with the same category blogs otherwise it may not have much value.

  11. #20
    angelina is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HI,

    Internal link is must for a site. If internal linking structure helps the google to crawl the website properly. Its attracts the visitors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Internal Server Error
    By eureckou in forum Translation Script Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14 January, 2011, 05:21 AM
  2. Finding Internal Pages with PR
    By 5starpix in forum Promoting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24 February, 2010, 11:15 AM
  3. Internal Linking
    By Snak3 in forum On-Site SEO
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17 November, 2009, 05:40 AM
  4. Internal and External Backlinks
    By andrewmoquin in forum Promoting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19 August, 2009, 08:28 AM
  5. Tech-Faq 500 Internal Server Error
    By Mr.Bill in forum Proxy List Support Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19 February, 2009, 01:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •