I had a similar problem with the latest Wordpress site that I made, but it turned out to be the stupid privacy setting (which I'd never noticed before). After fixing that, I just made sure that I had a few links pointing to the site, and that I'd listed (and verified) it in Google Webmaster Tools, and sure enough the bot came along a little while later. Now, new posts get indexed within a few hours. Good luck to you with yours; I hope it's not a duff domain.
Oh, and the site that I'm talking about is all about Christmas too! Ho ho ho!
Wow, what a coincidence, we have the same theme for our sites.