What am I doing wrong ?
Recently one of my sites (WebEvader.org) has quickly lost all of its front page rankings (around the latest Google update) and is not doing so well these days.
If you have 5 minutes to spare please could you have a brief look over my site and see what basic on-site SEO mistakes that I am making? Since I am quite inexperienced when it comes to SEO I would assume that the mistakes I am making are quite common, so hopefully this thread could become quite useful for others... Maybe make a checklist out of it or something for other people?
Anyways, any tips on what I should do to improve the site would be great!
Also, I purchased these two services a week before my rankings crashed. After buying these services my rankings went very high and then dropped very suddenly to what I'm experiencing now... Maybe they were the cause?!
A quick search on the name of your site brings it up at #1 on G for me.
@Andy101 - Thanks for the reply... With the rankings I was referring more to keywords such a "Free Proxy Sites", "Free Proxy" "Proxy Sites" etc. Which it was previously high up on the front page for... :)
There are several questions that need to be answered before anyone can offer any really useful advice.
1. What type of backlink building have you been doing? If most of your link building is through the tens of thousands of crappy directories, the links could have been discounted or the site could have been filtered out by Penguin.
2. Is all of the content on the site absolutely unique? Is there any spun content? Does it all pass the Copyscape test? Panda is still snagging sites that it missed earlier.
3. Have you done a backlink audit to see if someone is engaging in a negative SEO attack against the site? Negative SEO does work and Penguin enabled it to work better. If you see lots of backlinks from unrelated sites, a competitor could be engaging in an attack.
4. Have any of the sites that you link to seen their home page PageRank drop to n/a? Your site inherits penalties applied to the site that you link to, so if there is any question about the quality of a site, use the nofollow attribute in your links.
5. Have other proxy lists seen similar problems? Google periodically goes after specific industries. They have decimated the rankings for most directories, affiliate marketing sites, blogs with crappy content, article marketing sites, etc.
Videos has an extensive knowledge in it. Thanks for sharing such precious link to actual on page seo.
I guess, in your title you have "Free proxy" twice - It may be counted as spammy in terms of Pannda,
On the other hand, The article service that you used from this forum is really good, but question is, How about the anchor text that you used? Have you used different anchor texts or same? Please note, Panda/penguin introduced new penalty called "Over anchor text optimisation"...
Originally Posted by WebEvader
Yeah, I think the same about that Proxy word. I think Google Considered proxy as a negative keyword and may have punished your site on the basis of this decision.
Let me bring update you that your web site might be hit by the latest update of Google called Penguin and the reason for the same is, those marketing service which you had bought to boost up your key phrases. According to the latest update that web site those have back link from same anchor text has been down due to spam. I will suggest check out your web master tool and remove those low quality back links across the same anchor text.
Apart from this, here i m suggesting you check list of on page optimization which will make your web site complete search engine friendly. Wish you good luck!
1 Keyword Research
2 Defining Primary & Secondary Keywords
3 Broken Links Checking
4 Website Spell Check
5 Google Analytics Implementation
6 Goal setting in Google Analytics
7 Stat Counter Implementation
8 Robots.txt Optimization
9 .XML sitemap Creation & Implementation
10 Google Webmaster Tool Submission
11 Bing Webmaster Submission
12 File Naming Optimization (If you optimize, update your .xml sitemap)
13 Page Title Creation for each page
14 Meta Description creation for each page
15 Meta Keywords creation for each page
16 Page Title Implementation for each page
17 Meta Description Implementation for each page
18 Meta Keywords Implementation for each page
19 Content Optimization
20 Heading format for each page (H1...H6)
21 Bold, Italic effect to main keywords
22 Alt tags for images
23 Internlink with Keyword rich Anchor Text
24 RSS feed creation & implementation on root folder