Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Propeller closed

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Propeller closed

    Is anyone noticed that Propeller is closed. It open some AOL page which means probably AOL bought it.

    It had Alexa rank of 1890. Imagine all those backlinks turned off. That will definitely have impact on rankings...

    Latest Original & Breaking Goodbye-propeller News and Analysis from AOL News

  2. #2

  3. #3
    no choice, cost of maintaining giant site is huge but low profit ....
    Lesson learn, if you want to do, make it No 1 or sell it asap or disappear some day

  4. Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    no choice, cost of maintaining giant site is huge but low profit ....
    I really can't see the cost of maintaining an automated site like Propeller as being very high, in terms of the kind of money spent by a corporation the size of AOL/Netscape.

    But... Propeller was such a failure that it was probably just a corporate embarrassment.

    I am also happy to see Digg failing. Digg sucks and I'm surprised it has taken the Internet so long to figure that out.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I really can't see the cost of maintaining an automated site like Propeller as being very high, in terms of the kind of money spent by a corporation the size of AOL/Netscape.

    But... Propeller was such a failure that it was probably just a corporate embarrassment.

    I am also happy to see Digg failing. Digg sucks and I'm surprised it has taken the Internet so long to figure that out.

    Like you said, everything is dropping, other's catching up, why they still need to spend money for the site ?

    and web 2.0 doesn't means fully automated, especially the giant back ground, image is their priority .. (the CEO alone already cost few hundred K)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    It had Alexa rank of 1890. Imagine all those backlinks turned off. That will definitely have impact on rankings...

    Hi,

    Is this what is causing my Alexa to be dropping lately? I was wondering about that. I know Alexa is able to be cheated, and is not a good source to use.

    My site UV is going up but the Alexa rate keeps dropping.

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  7. I loved it when it was on netscape.com few years ago. It was easy to push any story to the frontpage and you got a heavy pr9 link for a while and high pr on profiles even, some had pr6-pr7. Was a great seo and marketing tool

    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I am also happy to see Digg failing. Digg sucks and I'm surprised it has taken the Internet so long to figure that out.
    Digg failing? I've never been active there, but it seems their traffic is going steady according to alexa.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DomainMagnate View Post
    Digg failing? I've never been active there, but it seems their traffic is going steady according to alexa.
    Read the URL javanx3d posted.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  9. #9
    Hmmm, yeah still closed since Hellas's original post.
    Cheers,
    James

  10. I'm not surprised that it was closed, they did not do a very good job of dealing with all the spam submissions. It used to take like 20 or more votes to get to the home page but after a while it was only 2 or 3 votes to get to the home page of Propeller. It was only time until it was shut down.

    I really miss those Netscape days.
    Need links? Try AuthorLinks where you can buy or sell links based on Authorship and Klout score. Check out my blog or like me on Facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oil Leak Closed!
    By StephenM in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19 July, 2010, 18:57 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 April, 2010, 07:03 AM
  3. [Closed] Google Adwords voucher
    By Sbfc_ in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15 March, 2010, 08:01 AM
  4. Why girls closed their eyes when kissing?
    By DotComBum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18 September, 2009, 01:11 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11 March, 2009, 10:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •