Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Social Bookmarking?

  1. #11
    robertgrzeda is offline Well known Net Builder :)
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well you must remember that social bookmarking gives you visitors not clients mostly. A lot of people who were brought to you by social bookmarking websites will just 'look around' and go out without doing any shopping. So not every webmaster will gain benefits from such visitors.

  2. #12
    anantshri is offline on leave from Net Builders : will post rarely
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    social networking sites can bring in hordes of traffic but now the real meat of the site comes into action.

    your visitors should not be just anyone but should be relvant to your niche and also your site should have content that can keep them stick to the page itself.

    so what i suggest is start building a social network and don't start exploiting right away wat for some time and when you see the time is right then only start publicity. also network with people whom you actually would like to interact.

    example twitter followers most of time time just follow you and will never pay attention to your tweets if you increase follower through some follow me if i follow you program.

    but if you have acutally earned Followers by your content then definetely one link of yours will bring in a lot more the just plain traffic.

    hope i am not mixxing a lot of things here

  3. #13
    Thomas07 is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Social bookmarking sites can help you drive traffic to your site as long as you manage to create an interesting and catchy title and description

  4. #14
    aldorathomas is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Social bookmarking helps to increase your web presence. It is useful in getting referral customers to your business. Many people use social bookmarking to get traffic to their websites which is done by posting links to your site or blog from the social networking websites.

  5. #15
    Ash's Avatar
    Ash
    Ash is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La-La Land
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
    Social Bookmarking is a great way to generate short term traffic or rankings.

    Rankings generated by Social Bookmarks usually don't stay unless they're cemented by other high-quality links and tend to disappear.

    It's also recommended that you submit to only a couple of bookmarking sites once a week; I've seen some sites getting de-indexed or penalized for getting too many bookmarking links too quick.

  6. #16
    Ash's Avatar
    Ash
    Ash is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La-La Land
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    That is a False statement .... Sorry but spreading myths like that is not right...

    I have built 4.5 million links in 16 months.. Avg 9,000 a day .. Never no penalty or de-indexed but seriously increased rankings that "STAY"....

    Learn how to do bookmarking from a real proven expert - Social Media Bookmarking | Bookmarking Mastery Of Social Media

    Bookmarking is far more about just slapping your links on some lame pligg sites..

    James
    I have built twice the number of links from Social Bookmarking sites.

    Can you please educate me on why you think you wont get de-indexed or penalized for building too many social bookmarking links at once?

    I don't think you need to attend a class to understand a concept as simple as social bookmarking.

    Social Bookmarking was originally a spinoff from Ctrl+D browser bookmarks where you share "useful" links to your network; as it became public, there were two sets of people trying to exploit it:

    1. Search Marketers who wanted to get easy links
    2. Webmasters who needed some kind of site to build.


    The search spam filters in Google are built to filter exactly the same kind of spammy social bookmarking links that auto-tools like Xrummer use.

    Though you may get de-indexed only because you're hand edited, your links will most definitely get devalued, even quicker if its linked to an analytics / adsense account.

    I've seen a lot of sites get slapped with a penalty for building too many bookmarking links too quick.

    And FYI - Please do not accuse people of spreading myths, the OP wanted feedback and it is my right to give my feedback at the forum, it is upto readers to take it the way they want it.

    I also appreciate the fact that you can say 'tis right or wrong, but I again reserve the rights to refute your statements as being blind.
    Last edited by Ash; 1 August, 2010 at 19:59 PM.
    Social Bookmarking Service | Directory Submission Service | Link Wheel Service

    Get 20% off on all QualitySubmissions products with the "NETBUILDERS" coupon code.

  7. #17
    Ash's Avatar
    Ash
    Ash is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La-La Land
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    You are making assumption because "YOU" got de-indexed for doing something wrong does not mean building links to fast gets you de-indexed. If that was true all my sites and thousands of my customers sites would all be de-indexed.
    Somehow, I knew you would talk about building links to competitors and de-indexing them as an argument next

    Whether you like it or not, building too many links too quickly will get you either de-valued or completely de-indexed from the search engines.

    Don't believe it?

    Do a simple test; buy a new domain name, install Wordpress, add some content and build 9000 links to it in a day.

    I guarantee you that if the domain is keyword targeted, it will definitely be punished by the search engines.

    I've used social bookmarking as a strategy for thousands of websites, and it doesn't have the bang that it used to have before.

    Any link building strategy needs to have enough source variation as well as anchor variation in order to be successful FTW.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    There is way more to social bookmarking then just bookmarking a url ...lol If you think you do not need to attend a class then you are clueless on bookmarking.
    I congratulate you on trying to successfully make it look like Social Bookmarking is some kind of magic science.

    I've been in sales for a long time, and I know how it works

    I still believe that there's a lot more interesting and effective things to do when it comes to link building than social bookmarking.
    Social Bookmarking Service | Directory Submission Service | Link Wheel Service

    Get 20% off on all QualitySubmissions products with the "NETBUILDERS" coupon code.

  8. #18
    Ash's Avatar
    Ash
    Ash is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La-La Land
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    I already have tested - I recently purchased a brand new domain name and I have built far more than 9,000 and the domain name is in fact keyword targeted.
    I think this is a never ending conversation. I've tested the lottery and it worked for me once, doesn't mean it works for everyone else.


    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    I have many page 3 listings and a few top listings in google and the site is only a month old... The site is not wordpress, I do not need wordpress.. I can develop my own sites which can do exactly what wordpress does.
    Good for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    All sitemaps are rebuilt and pinged every 24 hours like clockwork to google, ask, bing, and yahoo...
    This has nothing to do with social bookmarking. And, this technique is too common and ineffective to be discussed at length.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    So I am sorry you are still wrong in stating that it is a fact because it is not.
    What makes you think that way?

    Just because something works for you, doesn't mean it has to work for everyone else. Similarly, just because you don't like something, its not factual.

    I've documented certain things from my experience and I've built a *lot* of sites and i'm very successful doing what I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    It is also a fact I can do a press release for a brand new domain name and get thousands of links within hours. Yes I have done this also and guess what ?? No de-index, matter fact I got rankings quicker this way..
    Getting too many links to a new domain is not good, unless the site is really press-worthy. PERIOD.

    If you are really capable of getting 1000s of "natural" backlinks with your press release method, then your sites must be really uber-cool.

    Otherwise, you're just link-spamming.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    Sorry I hype nothing.. I have no need to do so.. It is fake and wannabe marketers that do that.. If you think social bookmarking is just slapping links then good for you, I guess that is why you see no results from it...
    What makes you decide that I don't see results from Bookmarking?

    I just stated that Bookmarks a great way to build temporary rankings that need to be cemented in order to stay. That doesn't mean my bookmarks don't work. Why are you making statements without reading my prior posts?

    This brings me to my final observation:

    It's really counter-productive to say "If it was possible to get de-listed or de-indexed for building too many links at once". This argument seems a lot similar to a Blackhatter saying "If sites got penalized for being listed in link-farms, then one could easily do that to their competitors to get them banned".

    What we're failing to understand here is that, Google is a private corporation. They don't owe anything to you, me or anyone else who's searching. They make and break their rules, and most of their rules are unknown to a lot of people.

    From my personal experience, building too many bookmarking links at once is hazardous, and 99% of search engine marketing gurus would agree with me.

    The key to good, effective link building is - building a mix of FFA and non-FFA links that are relevant, themed and of good quality.
    Social Bookmarking Service | Directory Submission Service | Link Wheel Service

    Get 20% off on all QualitySubmissions products with the "NETBUILDERS" coupon code.

  9. #19
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Social Bookmarking is a great way to generate short term traffic or rankings.

    Rankings generated by Social Bookmarks usually don't stay unless they're cemented by other high-quality links and tend to disappear.
    The rankings for the bookmarks have been holding up of late.

    Though, it the past the rankings didn't tend to last too long. I'm not certain if it has something to do with the algorithm or the service providers were slamming out their accounts.

    I suspect that it may have something to do with Caffeine and its bias for Web 2.0

  10. #20
    Ash's Avatar
    Ash
    Ash is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La-La Land
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    It's not just me ...lol You would be correct in saying something works for one person but not another but you are trying to pass of as fact "building too many links at once gets you de-indexed" ... Bull ....
    Point out 10 gurus.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    I can name off marketer after marketer that does it "WITHOUT" any blackhat crap. Documented stats are even on my forum along with witnesses and other marketers that do the same exact thing.
    Where is the documentation? I've read a lot of your posts and you keep saying stuff like "I did this and that, I own x sites." - Show me proof or documentation to prove that social bookmarks are an amazing link building strategy and can singularly get you rankings.

    If you don't have proof, go back and get some.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    Your website being cool has nothing to do with a press release going viral, it is the press release itself and has nothing to do with link spamming.. How can you link spam a site that re-publishes your press release ?? You cant..
    I think you've got the fundamentals of the link landscape wrong. Go back to reading some stuff.

    Unless you sell something that people want to link to, you're not going to get natural quality backlinks; what you're going to get is low quality links from sites that just keep syndicating very bad press release content.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    Go pay PRWeb $300 and have a proper written press release and see don't you get 1,000's of links within hours from many many sites that re-published your press release.
    That's called buying links by using the network of sites that just syndicate whatever PRWeb Publishes. You're not getting links from high quality sites that feature you for the uniqueness of your service. A well written press-release is not the only reason why people would link out to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    Search engine marketing Guru's .... Ok dude if you say so but you really should not pass off something as fact when it is only your opinion...
    Yes - there are guru's in every industry, and also in search engine marketing. The real gurus who are capable of generating search engine rankings don't talk a lot in forums and try to sell lame coaching services.

    I know one of them, and he owns this forum

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    I got to go build me a few thousands links to some new sites now....
    Blah blah blah - tell us something other than you building thousands of sites, getting millions of links and making gazillions of dollars.

    Nobody is interested in what you're doing; you sound like a *very cheap* make money online joker like John Chow.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Stein View Post
    P.S. If you submit to lame FFA I pity you .....
    Social Bookmarking is FFA. FFA = Free For All. Social Bookmarking is Free For All, you don't need to pay to the sites to get listed or have some kind of special quality to get listed.

    Get your facts right and stop posting stuff just because you feel like arguing with someone or refuting someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    The rankings for the bookmarks have been holding up of late.

    Though, it the past the rankings didn't tend to last too long. I'm not certain if it has something to do with the algorithm or the service providers were slamming out their accounts.

    I suspect that it may have something to do with Caffeine and its bias for Web 2.0
    The recent tests I've run have shown me that bookmarks had the same effect they had a few months back. Rankings drop if you don't build more links to bookmarked pages, and most links get de-valued if you build too many bookmarks to a new page too quick.

    I think bookmarks will be able to produce significant rankings if you build them to a page that already has some backlinks.

    Things are just so weird with Google, and what works sometimes doesn't work other times.

    I'm glad that someone is finally making some sense. Thanks for the info Bogart.
    Social Bookmarking Service | Directory Submission Service | Link Wheel Service

    Get 20% off on all QualitySubmissions products with the "NETBUILDERS" coupon code.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] 125 Social Bookmarking @ 8$
    By mrxinbollywood in forum Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19 February, 2011, 03:39 AM
  2. social bookmarking
    By cuinee in forum Social Bookmarking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15 April, 2010, 07:39 AM
  3. [WTS] Social Bookmarking service(up to100 bookmarking sites)
    By titan89 in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11 April, 2010, 22:06 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18 August, 2009, 18:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5 August, 2009, 20:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •