Since I have been using Facebook more often, I have noticed a number of trends that people are using for customers. I thought I would share them, just in case you didn't realize these options:
1. If you are selling products, then offer coupons. Having special coupon codes will keep people buying. This may work for getting new customers as well. When advertising your "fan page", tell customers that they can get special offers and sales through FB. Even a 10% off coupon can excite fans.
2. Have contests. Random number generators can be used to choose one to 3 winners on a post. Ask a question, set an end date, and then generate a winner. Prizes can be left up to you, but freebies never hurt.
3. Send fans on a hunt. Intense competition attracts a lot of visitors. Ask a simple question like "What date will X be released on our site?" Then the first person to post the correct answer, wins.
4. Don't post information that isn't relevant to your page or company. I see a lot of fan page managers getting off-topic when it comes to their niche. It isn't interesting coming from them. Stay on subject and leave the random posts for your private page.
5. Communicate with your fans. When they ask questions, answer them as soon as possible! It is refreshing when I have urgent questions to ask a company and responses are made promptly.
6. Stay on top of trends and interesting topics. Posting links to news articles or even your own blog posts can keep everyone intrigued. Encourage your fans to start a discussion!
Do you run a "fan" or business page? Do you follow the above tips? What do you do to keep your customers and interested individuals engaged?
I totally agree that facebook is a great sales tool to boost your business. You can use it for FREE to market your products and business. Imagine how many people already have a facebook account. You just need to follow certain sales tips and techniques to get those people as your customers. For me, I have three strategies to make Facebook a great marketing tool.
1) Create a Fan Page
You may add applications, events, newsletter sign-up pages, etc. and promote to your friends in facebook. Then, if someone becomes your fan, your updates on your page will show up on their walls giving you more exposure.
2) Use the Extras
Facebook has lots of applications that can help you give social life to your business. You can plan events, upload videos, hold contests and polls. You can use facebook as a great promotion tool for your business.
3) Join Groups that Match your Business
There many different kinds of facebook groups that you can join. Some of those can provide valuable info about professional connections. You can search for groups that is of interest to you and is relevant to your business. But it would be even better if you'll create your own group for your business. By creating a group for your business, you can network with like minded people, customers, partners, and associates.
i have one for my forum, and what i do is make sure i update it with things that are relevant to the subject of my forum-i sometimes post questions about things relevant to the forum-mine is about the paranormal, so i might ask whether people believe in ghosts, or whether theyve seen one, or ask about the latest episodes of paranormal tv shows that have been on lately.
i also use it for updating members about things on the forum which may not be enough to send out a mass email to them all (dont like doing it too often) like about competitions going on on the forum, post on it if the forum has unexpected downtime so the members know what is going on, and ask opinions on things.
what i dont like is when all people do on it is post their link on it every single day, that just makes me unlike the page or hide it from my news feed
Kayls-Most Haunted Forum Admin