Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Princeton Researcerh Predicts Collapse of FaceBook

  1. #1
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 914 Times in 698 Posts

    Princeton Researcerh Predicts Collapse of FaceBook

    I have always thought that FaceBook was the most abstract and poorly designed out of all the major social networks. The current fascination with FaceBook has obviously eluded me.

    Princeton Researchers: Facebook Epidemic Headed For Collapse

    This is an interesting comment about the lifespan for social networks:

    The paper said that adoption of social networks is “analogous to infection,” and abandonment of social networks “is analogous to recovery” from a disease.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  2. #2
    Sami4u's Avatar
    Sami4u is offline Butterflies Forever
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 293 Times in 221 Posts
    Hi,

    If they do collapse and the report is true, How do you earn money off of it? I was told their was a way to earn money when stocks fell. I just was lost in the explanation.

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  3. #3
    iowadawg's Avatar
    iowadawg is online now Free Cell Champion
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not in Texas
    Posts
    2,111
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 361 Times in 310 Posts
    Sell stock short.
    Then when the stock drops, you buy and deliver.
    Pocketing the difference.

    Facebook?
    For every person saying they make money on facebook, there are 1 million who have not made a cent.

    Facebook will die off at some point in the future.
    Remember myspace?

    Best investment advice given by the WSJ?
    Buy guns and ammo.

  4. Thanked by:

    Sami4u (28 January, 2014)

  5. #4
    StevePoster's Avatar
    StevePoster is offline Explorer from Nowhere
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    As long as many people appreciate this social networking site then it is impossible to break down because it is well established and supported.

  6. #5
    robjones's Avatar
    robjones is offline Trail Boss
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked 441 Times in 292 Posts
    AOL was once the undisputed king of the web.
    Several search engines that divided near 100% of the market before Google toppled them. [When does Lycos update?]
    Social networking once took place only on message boards, and then on forums.
    One once had to have a dmoz listing if they wanted to be found on the internet.
    Facebook entered the market only after MySpace broke the ice ahead of them.

    They fumbled, others recovered.

    Fads come and go. Facebook will eventually be replaced by something else.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

  7. #6
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 914 Times in 698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robjones View Post
    Fads come and go. Facebook will eventually be replaced by something else.
    Their demise could not come soon enough for me. I have always viewed a Facebook page as the equivalent of ten pounds of crap in a five-pound sack.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  8. #7
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I have always thought that FaceBook was the most abstract and poorly designed out of all the major social networks. The current fascination with FaceBook has obviously eluded me.

    Princeton Researchers: Facebook Epidemic Headed For Collapse

    This is an interesting comment about the lifespan for social networks:
    These people are google trolls, they want FB down because google cannot compete with them. Mark is doing a great job and millions of people love Facebook.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  9. #8
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 914 Times in 698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franc Tireur View Post
    These people are google trolls, they want FB down because google cannot compete with them. Mark is doing a great job and millions of people love Facebook.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. MySpace was once loved by millions, as well. Like I said, the current fascination with Facebook has eluded me.

    My opinion is that Zuckerberg is one of the most despicable people on the web. He has repeatedly been caught selling personal member information in violation of his own policies. Facebook remains one of the most likely places for people to steal any personal information that someone is foolish enough to post.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  10. Thanked by:

    iowadawg (21 March, 2014)

  11. #9
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. MySpace was once loved by millions, as well. Like I said, the current fascination with Facebook has eluded me.

    My opinion is that Zuckerberg is one of the most despicable people on the web. He has repeatedly been caught selling personal member information in violation of his own policies. Facebook remains one of the most likely places for people to steal any personal information that someone is foolish enough to post.
    I don't have any FB account, my wife does have one and she love it. As far as the personal information sold, for some people it is acceptable, for me it isn't.

    I agree with you that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least FB should put a notice that they are selling personal information to third party to play it nice.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  12. #10
    iowadawg's Avatar
    iowadawg is online now Free Cell Champion
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not in Texas
    Posts
    2,111
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 361 Times in 310 Posts
    FB can use any picture or graphic you post.
    THey have done this and will continue to do so.
    They are like, the worse site to dump your personal info on.

    They will die out, no doubt about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •