Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Is Twitter really worth using?

  1. #11
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    So why then do people find Twitter so engaging? That's what I really want to understand.

    If someone had pitched this idea to me, I would have told them it was stupid and not to waste their time. My bad -- this is the fastest growing phenomena on the Internet!
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  2. #12
    Mike Dammann's Avatar
    Mike Dammann is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Geographically flexible
    Posts
    964
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 182 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    So why then do people find Twitter so engaging? That's what I really want to understand.

    If someone had pitched this idea to me, I would have told them it was stupid and not to waste their time. My bad -- this is the fastest growing phenomena on the Internet!
    No kidding. It's also that channels like CNN announce their tweets to keep people informed or what have you.
    For them it seems to work, they just announce theirs, follow nobody's tweet and hire some guy to post links to whatever new story they have, and many bored people read them.
    For blood type dating go here. If your blood type is rhesus negative, go there. If you are bored and feel like liking a Facebook page, hit this one.

  3. #13
    LogicFlux is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
    Twitter is the web's version of the sitcom.

  4. Thanked by:

    Mike Dammann (4 March, 2009)

  5. #14
    Mike Dammann's Avatar
    Mike Dammann is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Geographically flexible
    Posts
    964
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 182 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicFlux View Post
    Twitter is the web's version of the sitcom.
    Now that I am getting more and more followers, it's starting to pay off.
    For blood type dating go here. If your blood type is rhesus negative, go there. If you are bored and feel like liking a Facebook page, hit this one.

  6. #15
    webmaster is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can't be bothered really with Twitter these days.

  7. #16
    Loko's Avatar
    Loko is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 347 Times in 241 Posts
    It's worth something if it helps making money

    Except for our offline company where it provides another information stream of the progress of things I'm not using it because it's simply not my thing. However, I have to ask our customers if they appreciate this extra service or not.

  8. #17
    bhartzer is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    502
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 135 Times in 101 Posts
    The question is really not whether it's "worth it" to be on Twitter or not.

    The real issue is that you HAVE TO BE on Twitter. Whether you like or not, you have to reserve your ID and keep it active because that's where everybody is right now and even companies like CNN are endorsing it and using it in their daily broadcasts.

    So, we really don't know if Twitter will be a fad or here to stay. But, you cannot afford not to be there.

    If you don't want to spend a bunch of time there then there ARE ways to keep your account updated on a regular basis, so I would at least set up an account for each website you own, link it back to your site, and keep feeding it to keep it active.

  9. #18
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhartzer View Post
    The question is really not whether it's "worth it" to be on Twitter or not.

    The real issue is that you HAVE TO BE on Twitter. Whether you like or not, you have to reserve your ID and keep it active because that's where everybody is right now and even companies like CNN are endorsing it and using it in their daily broadcasts.

    So, we really don't know if Twitter will be a fad or here to stay. But, you cannot afford not to be there.

    If you don't want to spend a bunch of time there then there ARE ways to keep your account updated on a regular basis, so I would at least set up an account for each website you own, link it back to your site, and keep feeding it to keep it active.
    I don't care if CNN and other big companies use Twitter or not. I don't see much value on Twitter. But hey, I'm a PPC marketer.

  10. #19
    bhartzer is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    502
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 135 Times in 101 Posts
    >>I don't see much value on Twitter.
    I don't, either. But, on these types of sites you have to be there: you at least should "protect your name" by registering your ID and keeping it active.

    Need links? Try AuthorLinks where you can buy or sell links based on Authorship and Klout score. Check out my blog or like me on Facebook.

  11. #20
    Desan is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhartzer View Post
    But, on these types of sites you have to be there: you at least should "protect your name" by registering your ID and keeping it active.
    I see a good point in there. I do have an Twitter account, but I haven't used it yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. are these domains worth really?
    By garfish in forum Domaining
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29 December, 2010, 04:01 AM
  2. Your Twitter profile is worth: $3340
    By stickycarrots in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13 August, 2009, 16:30 PM
  3. Twitter Help-- Free powerful Twitter Tools
    By hendricius in forum Social Networks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22 July, 2009, 07:44 AM
  4. Are directories worth it?
    By Farrhad A in forum Promoting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17 July, 2009, 23:33 PM
  5. is it worth it?
    By chunkmarketing in forum Promoting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19 February, 2009, 16:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •