Twitter's Most Active Users: Bots, Dogs, and Tila Tequila has a funny title, but it also has lots of good statistics, like:
- Among the top 5% of active Twitter users, 48% have more than 100 followers; only 6.3% of all Twitter users have more than 100 followers.
- 3.3% of the most active users have more than 2000 followers compared to 0.29% among all Twitter users.
- 88% of the top 5% post at least one new message every day - only 36% of all Twitter users do so.
- Active users with more than 1000 followers tend to have "Internet marketer", "Internet marketing", "business marketing" and "entrepreneur" as keywords in their profiles.
- The leading keywords for those with less than 1000 followers are "web designer", "graphic designer", "love", and "web developer."
Very interesting. Why not find a celebrity that does not have a Twitter, "create" one for them, get a loyal following of believers, and then spam them like crazy? Would that not constitute internet marketing? While blackhat at its best and a small bit of an ethical and moral dilemma, what is to stop one from following the status of a celebrity and forming a Twitter based on them, loosely hinting at the fact that it is official, but not explicitly stating it.
BUY MY SIGNATURE LINKS NOW! $5 per month or $50 per year.
Free invites to Lockerz. PM me for more information.
JOIN RAZORLOQ'S ADULT EMPIRE, MAKE AN EXTRA $500+ PER MONTH
From Twitter's Terms of Service:
We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
For example, a Twitter user named "Celtics" lost his name and got stuck with "bc_fan_news" instead.
Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.