Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: What Value is there in Twitter?

  1. #11

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    My problem with the Twitter paradigm is the same as my problem with Facebook and other social networking sites -- I am too many people.

    My webmaster friends don't care about the same topics as my IT consulting friends, who don't share the same interests as my hacking friends, who (somewhat) don't have the same interests as my firearm enthusiast friends.

    Any Twitter I send, or any post I make to Facebook, is going to target about 30% of my contacts and confuse or annoy the rest.

    What am I missing here? I feel like such a luddite!
    Your not alone on that, Out of my freinds, 80% are not webmasters. Imagine that! ..the other 20% are webmasters and make money online. Its kinda tough, but the funny thing is, when my non-webmasters see making fast money staying home, the are dead on eager to learn the tricks of the webmaster world ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Y'need more than one account.
    Good suggestion! seems you have done it too

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    seems you have done it too
    Naw, I simply don't participate in Twitter. It's too time consuming, and I struggle to believe that anyone on the other side is actually reading the updates (after all, I'm not reading their's).

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I struggle to believe that anyone on the other side is actually reading the updates (after all, I'm not reading their's).
    Maybe that's the secret to Twitter? It gives people a place to vent, without actually bothering anyone else. It's the Internet equivalent of the Wailing Wall.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  4. #14
    I just signed up, and added one update about NB

  5. #15
    I've found my Twitter to be very valuable. It has driven a nice amount of traffic to my blog (I tweet my feed) and vice versa

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    Your not alone on that, Out of my freinds, 80% are not webmasters. Imagine that! ..the other 20% are webmasters and make money online. Its kinda tough, but the funny thing is, when my non-webmasters see making fast money staying home, the are dead on eager to learn the tricks of the webmaster world ..



    Good suggestion! seems you have done it too
    Stop complaining - at least you have friends....

    I hate the fact that facebook will even say {yourname} has no friends.... ah come on, what if I just signed up???


  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by stickycarrots View Post
    I've found my Twitter to be very valuable. It has driven a nice amount of traffic to my blog (I tweet my feed) and vice versa
    Wow, I see you like it
    You update it like every day 5 times or so xD

    My last message was 18 days ago xD

    Will post a new one now and maybe sooner or later

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  8. #18
    Does twitter have a long term benefit or is everything just current? In otherwords do you only benefit if you keep updating?

    Being so anti-social (see above post about friends) this whole social media thing is confusing?!?!?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    Wow, I see you like it
    You update it like every day 5 times or so xD

    My last message was 18 days ago xD

    Will post a new one now and maybe sooner or later

    Greetz
    I have found that the more often you tweet the more followers you pick up

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    83

    Good Twitter, Bad Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by EricBlackwell View Post
    I use twitter to promote blog posts and get links. I try to just keep in touch with 180 or so people and I don't chat all of the time. Just once or twice a day.

    Then when I write a post that I want to get something started with (good stuff only...not a garbage post), I tweet it up and I have 60 or so people visit my post quickly...some will post on the subject on their own and link to me.

    Joost DeValk had an interesting post about it...

    The power of Twitter (clients) exposed - Yoast - Tweaking Websites

    Interesting read on how it worked in that case.

    best

    Eric

    Twitter gives a user fragments of information (in terms of opinion, ideas, and feedback) as a micro-blogging program. One can follow many other users and enter into “conversations” with them. This program is often used to send out messages and take advantage of the attention that other users give. This translates well into self-promotion and even marketing.

    Twitter is simply another channel which can connect one’s brand to current and future customers. It works on the concept of “ambient intimacy” which allows on to come into contact with people one may not otherwise encounter, due to time and/or space constraints.

    Twitter is useful to modern business as it can be employed to manage information and focus. Twitter can be a tool for customer and market research. A user can observe how “influencers” perceive a certain product or service, for example, and shed light on what these people are talking about. These users may even give one ideas on how to improve a certain brand, or how to create a brand in itself.

    Evidently, Twitter can be a tool for generating traffic. Inserting links into a profile or conversation can lead Internet users to a webpage or site. This is vital if you are able to reach out to these “influencers” early on.

    Twitter use has a low learning curve – anyone can pick it up and use it without much effort. Due to the large scope of the platform, targeting your demographic can be and measuring their level of awareness can be difficult at times. In terms of acquiring leads, it may not be very effective.

    There is no option in Twitter to directly advertise (as opposed to other networking sites). Marketing with Twitter is a two-way street, needing much of the time and participation of the business owner or marketer. This can highly influence one’s Internet habits and everyday life.

    Using Twitter effectively requires an active investment of effort and attention. One determines his or her own extent of involvement and gathers benefits depending on this. Listening, answering, and constantly updating your marketing style are integral.

    Twitter can “streamline” professional life. One can use it to:

    • Establish branding
    • Acquire feedback
    • Employ people
    • Guide traffic
    • Create networks
    • Inform clients
    • Analyze information


    Twitter may have gained a bad reputation due to its misuse, but many creative users tap into the potential of their business through intelligent application – to access the market niche, obtain new business, and essentially get ahead of the competition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Twitter
    By Mrs-G in forum Social Networks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 26 July, 2010, 13:30 PM
  2. Twitter
    By netsavy006 in forum Social Networks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16 July, 2010, 19:42 PM
  3. Twitter follow for Twitter follow or 25 points
    By el canadiano in forum Post Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 April, 2010, 00:10 AM
  4. What is Twitter?
    By DotComBum in forum Social Networks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14 August, 2009, 04:55 AM
  5. Twitter Help-- Free powerful Twitter Tools
    By hendricius in forum Social Networks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22 July, 2009, 06:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •