Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Understanding bounce rate?

  1. #1

    Understanding bounce rate?

    Hi,

    Please explain to me what exactly google analytics shows as Bounce Rate.

    My bounce rate is 36%.
    Is that good or bad?

    Thank you,

    Kapil

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by kapilc View Post
    Hi,

    Please explain to me what exactly google analytics shows as Bounce Rate.

    My bounce rate is 36%.
    Is that good or bad?

    Thank you,

    Kapil
    That's somewhat bad. In a perfect world, your bounce rate would be 0. Basically that's the percentage of traffic that comes to your website and then immediately leaves. You want to keep your bounce rates low by:

    1) Offering something of value that encourages visitors to say.
    2) Building links to relevant pages that visitors want to see.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyheathen View Post
    That's somewhat bad. In a perfect world, your bounce rate would be 0. Basically that's the percentage of traffic that comes to your website and then immediately leaves. You want to keep your bounce rates low by:

    1) Offering something of value that encourages visitors to say.
    2) Building links to relevant pages that visitors want to see.
    I have to disagree, a bounce rte of 36% is great!
    Most sites have a bounce rate between 50-75%.
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrhad A View Post
    I have to disagree, a bounce rte of 36% is great!
    Most sites have a bounce rate between 50-75%.
    I said "somewhat." :P I'm picky like that, haha.

  5. #5
    As Corey said, bounce rate is the measure of traffic that comes to your site and leaves immediately. In addition to offering good contents and gifts to visitors, the first step to decrease your bounce rate is to make your site load faster. Often people just click the "back button" when it takes ages to load your site. However, this is still registered as a visit.

    Create good landing pages and also regularly check for your broken links that lead to HTTP 404 errors.

    Once in a while, create a sneeze page (pages that link to other pages on your blog or website) to keep your visitors longer on the site.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    As Corey said, bounce rate is the measure of traffic that comes to your site and leaves immediately. In addition to offering good contents and gifts to visitors, the first step to decrease your bounce rate is to make your site load faster. Often people just click the "back button" when it takes ages to load your site. However, this is still registered as a visit.

    Create good landing pages and also regularly check for your broken links that lead to HTTP 404 errors.

    Once in a while, create a sneeze page (pages that link to other pages on your blog or website) to keep your visitors longer on the site.
    Very well explained I was reading that around 10% is THE best which only few sites achieve.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    rochdale, uk
    Posts
    28
    mine is currently 14.3%

    im pretty pleased about that, its gone down a lot since i last checked.

    i never realised how awesome my bounce rate was compared to other websites.
    Kayls-Most Haunted Forum Admin

  8. wait! i thought the higher the percentage, the better?
    if i got for example 70%, then my visitors stays longer on my site.
    if i got about 14%, then the user leaves immediately after seeing the page. correct?


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by garfish View Post
    wait! i thought the higher the percentage, the better?
    if i got for example 70%, then my visitors stays longer on my site.
    if i got about 14%, then the user leaves immediately after seeing the page. correct?
    no ...
    opposite it means 70% of user bounce out, it ain't good

  10. #10
    I really believe that bots are the major cause of bounce rates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what your bounce rate
    By neverlast in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9 November, 2009, 09:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30 July, 2009, 19:55 PM
  3. 1. Understanding Search Engines
    By GoodBrain in forum Promoting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2 June, 2009, 05:58 AM
  4. Your Web Site Bounce Rate?
    By F-GD in forum Promoting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28 March, 2009, 18:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •