Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Windows 7 freezing problems

  1. Windows 7 freezing problems

    Windows 7 is pretty good except the.. complete random freezing which requires a hard restart (laptop becomes absolutely unresponsive to keyword and mouse) and happens quite frequently, sometimes right after restart, sometimes a few hours in.

    Anyone managed to solve the problem? I googled around and tried a few suggestions but nothing helped so far.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Redmond, Oregon
    Posts
    828
    Well I would be interested in this also. Thought this was my own personal issue since seems we have a lot of static electricity in the air here and I am for ever touching my mouse and then boom the whole computer freezes. Though mine is not as frequent as you would still be interested if this a software or hardware conflict issue causing it.

    Reverse IP Check ಠ_ಠ Proxy Sites
    <?php if ($youask == 'stupid question') { echo ('stupid answer'); } ?>

  3. #3
    I have been using 7 for about a year now and have never had any issues with it. Might be a ram issue.

  4. #4
    This freeze might be because of fault ram , do you get blue screen . as i had similar problem and had to replace my faulty ram but that was on XP

  5. Quote Originally Posted by weirdnessme View Post
    This freeze might be because of fault ram , do you get blue screen . as i had similar problem and had to replace my faulty ram but that was on XP
    No blue screen, just freeze on where it was.
    How would you check if its a ram problem?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdnessme View Post
    do you get blue screen
    There's no BSOD on W7 afaik.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by DomainMagnate View Post
    Windows 7 is pretty good except the.. complete random freezing which requires a hard restart (laptop becomes absolutely unresponsive to keyword and mouse) and happens quite frequently, sometimes right after restart, sometimes a few hours in.

    Anyone managed to solve the problem? I googled around and tried a few suggestions but nothing helped so far.
    Wow!!! And I thought I'm the only one with this problem. My friends are laughing at me saying my computer is bad, but apparently it's not. Very-very odd. I have the exact same problem as you, and this laptop is fresh as a newborn baby.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by tetrapak View Post
    Wow!!! And I thought I'm the only one with this problem. My friends are laughing at me saying my computer is bad, but apparently it's not. Very-very odd. I have the exact same problem as you, and this laptop is fresh as a newborn baby.
    Yea, google this and you'll see its pretty common. I've read a bunch of long threads there, fishing for suggestions on how this might be fixed and tried some of them, but nothing helped so far.
    In safe mode it seems to work ok.

  9. Crap. And I thought they finally made a good product. Compared to this XP was stable as hell.

  10. #10
    My computr is suffering from the same problem, post the solution guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Big Problems With Skype
    By Hellas in forum Tech-Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14 September, 2009, 09:08 AM
  2. Adsense problems....
    By photoworldblog in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26 August, 2009, 23:12 PM
  3. Facebook problems?
    By nux in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18 April, 2009, 22:50 PM
  4. Problems with APF
    By borce in forum Managing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2 February, 2009, 19:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •