Recently, I've pulled a couple of 'almost all nighters' playing with Animoto (referral link).
Animoto is an online video production platform that turns images and video in a dynamic slide show in such a manner that it becomes a true videoclip. Needless to say the platform can be used for anything like creating holiday memories to product promoting videos. It is easy to create a professional looking product video.
There are different membership levels and payment options. I subscribed to the 'pro' membership allowing commercial use of the videos and white label branding for example.
A few cons & pros:
- The amount of video Styles is a bit limited in my opinion. However, new styles are being added.
- The 'PRO' license allows you to sell your videos to individuals but not to other businesses unless you buy additional licenses (available in packages).
- Transparent PNG's and GIF's will not display properly at the moment but I believe it's an issue they are aware of.
- It significantly lowers the threshold for webmasters to use video on a website.
- It can create a professional looking video in a relatively short amount of time.
- The PRO subscription has a wide selection of music available (for most of these you don't have to pay extra). Or, use your own music.
- The Styles available are really cool.
- An additional license allows you to sell your video to other businesses (license packages can be bought)
I am in no way affiliated to Animoto but I do have a referral code that gives you a $5,- discount (All Access plan) or 1 extra month membership (Animoto Pro): gfbcrqut
The transition effects in the demos are impressive, and having the music provided is a big plus I think since sourcing music legally may be expensive and time consuming unless you are a musician.
Animoto is great for commercial videos, here is the videos I did from them to promote my site: YouTube - NatOnline1's Channel
Originally Posted by Natural Elements
Originally Posted by Andy101
The price was very good ;)
The cost was $3 for each video from Animoto and around $50 for the istock photo royalty-free to make each video. The music is free.
The advantage of this is using different keywords in the titles, descriptions, etc and submit to different site like Youtube, Yahoo video, and meta cafe which is the best for us.
It is just another way to promote any business.
Animoto isn't bad, it can be good if you already have photos. But if you don't have photos, you might try Xtranormal | Text-to-Movie which is a text to movie site. You can feed it an text and it will create a movie for you.
A very nice video indeed NE.
Are you somehow able to track visitors to your website from viewers of this video?
@SE, great idea to create a channel.
I Just uploaded my first video. Too bad the click button doesn't show at the end once uploaded to You Tube.
Actually we can track exactly how many people are coming from our videos online form different medias, but as you can see all our videos are embeded with our logo and our company name.
Originally Posted by Loko
What I can say is that since we put online our videos, we have an increased traffic for the keyword Natural Elements. I beleive a lot of traffic is coming from our videos.
I cannot say that videos are bringing a huge traffic but we certainly have more since these videos are made.
Here is the statistics from our MetaCafe channel Natural Elements's Channel at Metacafe
A litte bit here and a little bit there, you know traffic is coming from different sources.
We could make some more videos but I don't want to make hundred videos that includes the same products and be redundant.
Originally Posted by Loko
Nice video Loko, I like it :)