Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: hackomania.com - how to develop

  1. the new from tiny

    hi,
    i think your previous ideas for hackomania was gud but need something change like the outllok and the level of the hacking tasks that u supplied there. n if you manage all that in a proper way then you can develop the best site....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by yashpal View Post
    hi,
    i think your previous ideas for hackomania was gud but need something change like the outllok and the level of the hacking tasks that u supplied there. n if you manage all that in a proper way then you can develop the best site....

    Ya yash that was actually something which i can think off.


    for all others we used to host some simple game scripts on hackomania.com where the target was used to be find the exploit in page and get the clue to next level.

  3. That Google employee might not understand the difference between hacking and cracking. Programmers used to be called "hackers" in the earlier days of computing because they "hack code". Richard Stallman of the Free Software Foundation, among many others in the Free Open Source Software community still use use the words "hackers" and "hacking" when referring to people writing programs, modifying source code etc.

    Google might perhaps reconsider if the site makes it explicitly clear that "hack" doesn't refer to illegal cracking and whatnot.. although that would probably filter out things like iPhone and iPad jailbreaks..

  4. Quote Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
    Ya yash that was actually something which i can think off.


    for all others we used to host some simple game scripts on hackomania.com where the target was used to be find the exploit in page and get the clue to next level.
    I remember of a site like this,and it was closed down some years ago,can't remember the name but it was pretty huge,what you have to consider here is,that you or someone else,would need to write these games,and make them challenging enough so that 90% of visitor are not able to solve them,are you capable of doing this ?
    This kind of site,has to be secure,because it was be bad publicity if you start a site like that and some script kiddie takes it down...(I use to do these sort of things back in the days,taking down "hacker" forums )

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by xxtoni View Post
    I remember of a site like this,and it was closed down some years ago,can't remember the name but it was pretty huge,what you have to consider here is,that you or someone else,would need to write these games,and make them challenging enough so that 90% of visitor are not able to solve them,are you capable of doing this ?
    This kind of site,has to be secure,because it was be bad publicity if you start a site like that and some script kiddie takes it down...(I use to do these sort of things back in the days,taking down "hacker" forums )

    Thanks buddy,

    currently my aim was not to create whole site which will be non breakable by 90% but i am thinking of working a website / blog which will give a glimpse of a topic on security and then will explain / showcase the same concept through games.


    and ya i do agree the security should be high, very high.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
    Thanks buddy,

    currently my aim was not to create whole site which will be non breakable by 90% but i am thinking of working a website / blog which will give a glimpse of a topic on security and then will explain / showcase the same concept through games.


    and ya I do agree the security should be high, very high.
    well if you have the required know how,and are determined enough...go for it!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Go ahead and build a site that provides tutorials on ethical hacking, that way you wont have a problem with google ads as your site is not hacking but rather countering it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

  8. I think your best bet would be just doing an extensive keyword research for the subject of "hacking" (just make sure it's nothing illegal) and then creating content optimized for those keywords, if you do this well and rank high for the selected keywords you can make some nice money.

  9. #19
    Try to imagine as a advocate, do you want your ads to come into sight on a hacking site where the visitors are only paying attention in hacking?

  10. #20
    I'd say go to a couple places for content idea, you're going to want to somehow get ahold of issues of 2600 Magazine (the Hacker Quarterly), & you should have knowledge on like the history & everything about *what hacking is*...for example, a lot of high school kids & young college kids (when I was in college a few years back) & there were these few kids that singled me out specifically because I always wore T-Shirts like Homer Simpson's Head with the Intel Inside logo on his head & I'd wear stuff like polo shirts that said things like Microsoft, Oracle, you know, standard software & computer kinda stuff & I wear like hats that have the same thing going on (tech stuff & tech company names) & I have a 2600 hat & these 2 guys would always be like "I'm a Hacker" & I'd look at them & be like "oh are you?!?" & they'd ask me what my 2600 hat meant...& I'd tell them, 2600 is a hacker magazine, you can get it at book stores like Barnes & Noble & stuff like that & I remember 1 time one of them asked me, what's the significance of the number "2600"? & I explained...2600 is the frequency of the tone that AT&T, or Bell (not sure which) used to control their telephone long distance switching...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is best software to develop a website ?
    By Mike-XS in forum Web Design
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 5 September, 2013, 09:08 AM
  2. [WTB] Wp theme design and develop
    By SonnyCooL in forum Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4 April, 2011, 18:52 PM
  3. Develop your Coupon website.
    By smith1985 in forum Business
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31 May, 2010, 21:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •