Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: How to make images and text invisible in HTML/CSS

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    would it be easier to wrap a div around all of them and then hide that div using something like

    <div style:visibility="hidden"></div>

    or even with javascript

    Seems if something like that would work then it would be less work
    Thanks, this would be a viable option, hiding the div

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    would it be easier to wrap a div around all of them and then hide that div using something like

    <div style:visibility="hidden"></div>

    or even with javascript

    Seems if something like that would work then it would be less work
    inline CSS is not recommended at all and javascript could slow down website performance.

    A CSS class is best, you can assign it to any element on any page at any time
    What can be more time-saving?

    Code:
    .hide {
       display:none;
       visibility: hidden;
    }
    Code:
    ...<img class="hide" src="image.gif" alt="" />...
    ...<div class="hide"><!-- hidden content --></div>...
    ...<p class="hide">hidden text</p>...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Redmond, Oregon
    Posts
    828
    That seems much easier using the
    <div class="hide"><!-- hidden content --></div> and css

    Thank you for explaining it aziz

    Reverse IP Check ಠ_ಠ Proxy Sites
    <?php if ($youask == 'stupid question') { echo ('stupid answer'); } ?>

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    That seems much easier using the
    <div class="hide"><!-- hidden content --></div> and css

    Thank you for explaining it aziz
    my pleasure

    just thinking about it, comments would have worked as well
    <!-- <html content> -->

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    527
    Here is a simple suggestion: Just change the color of the text of the text to the that as the background, so its technically invisible unless to highlight it
    Follow me on Twitter: @hendricius

  6. #16
    Google would still crawl and even index substance hidden by CSS. If you aim to absolutely hide the source code of specific substance from google then it's called cloaking.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by berlanmiranda55 View Post
    Google would still crawl and even index substance hidden by CSS. If you aim to absolutely hide the source code of specific substance from google then it's called cloaking.
    OMG copycat. die

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6 February, 2010, 08:19 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13 December, 2009, 14:19 PM
  3. Does putting text in bold make a difference?
    By Brandon in forum Promoting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28 June, 2009, 15:24 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21 April, 2009, 16:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •