Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: What do you guys actually look in for a theme?

Hybrid View

  1. Smile What do you guys actually look in for a theme?

    What Do You Want from Your Blog Theme? | BloggerBear

    That post inspired me to make this thread.

    What do you guys actually look in for a theme?

    I look at the layout mainly.
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  2. #2
    Load time also is a factor.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    I make my own, so I just put in the stuff I want :P When making a theme I worry about usability and loading, as mentioned above.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyheathen View Post
    I make my own, so I just put in the stuff I want :P When making a theme I worry about usability and loading, as mentioned above.
    Do you do the coding? Or do you just change the images that are used?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccur View Post
    Do you do the coding? Or do you just change the images that are used?
    I code from scratch.

  6. #6
    I look for 3 column with header and 100% width.
    And ofcourse color combination and the layout in general

  7. #7
    I look for design mostly. I think a theme needs to stand out from the crowd (and there are a lot of blogs now), and I also try to pick themes that won't date too quickly. My skills lie in coding so I know I can change the backend quite easily if I need to, but my graphical skills are not so hot!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanajarrett View Post
    I look for design mostly. I think a theme needs to stand out from the crowd (and there are a lot of blogs now), and I also try to pick themes that won't date too quickly. My skills lie in coding so I know I can change the backend quite easily if I need to, but my graphical skills are not so hot!
    When you say it doesn't date too quickly, do you mean the style of the design? Such as grunge/minimal/corporate/ etc. ?

Similar Threads

  1. Hey Guys
    By Bob in forum Introduction Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2 July, 2010, 10:07 AM
  2. Hello Guys??? How r u all??
    By abhi123zzz in forum Introduction Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19 March, 2010, 18:49 PM
  3. Hi guys!
    By Lexus in forum Introduction Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17 August, 2009, 08:54 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 June, 2009, 08:38 AM
  5. hi guys
    By BusinessMinded in forum Introduction Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 June, 2009, 22:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •