Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Hosting With Hosts That Are On Resellers?

  1. Hosting With Hosts That Are On Resellers?

    There are so many hosts out there who are only on resellers. They are very cheap. Do you host with them?

    I don't as they could be very unreliable.
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  2. I concur. It just seems to add one more unnecessary point of potential failure into the system.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I concur. It just seems to add one more unnecessary point of potential failure into the system.
    I heard of a case where one of these cheap hosts added popup adverts to a clients site without permission!
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  4. #4
    I've hosted with them before. Of course, nothing good ever lasts. I suggest just going with a host that is well known.

  5. #5
    I had posted this explanation on Webmasterpeers but somehow it did not migrate here. So let me explain...

    Not all resellers are bad. Consider if a company is selling of Hostgator resellers, then you will get the same level of uptime and reliability that Hostgator has to offer. Customer relationship management might be lacking, but that would be the only negative aspect of the reseller I can think off.

    However, if the company decides to put up adverts, then you surely need to avoid them.

    Just look at Justhost.com. They are a mainstream hosting company; rated in the top-ten in many hosting review sites. However, Justhost.com is a reseller of midphase.com.

    Resellers, with the exception of Digital Point Reseller companies, could in fact be a good alternative to mainstream companies.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    I had posted this explanation on Webmasterpeers but somehow it did not migrate here. So let me explain...

    Not all resellers are bad. Consider if a company is selling of Hostgator resellers, then you will get the same level of uptime and reliability that Hostgator has to offer. Customer relationship management might be lacking, but that would be the only negative aspect of the reseller I can think off.

    However, if the company decides to put up adverts, then you surely need to avoid them.

    Just look at Justhost.com. They are a mainstream hosting company; rated in the top-ten in many hosting review sites. However, Justhost.com is a reseller of midphase.com.

    Resellers, with the exception of Digital Point Reseller companies, could in fact be a good alternative to mainstream companies.
    Some years ago I started a Web Hosting biz with a Reseller account.
    I still have clients from that time.

    And 3 days ago when a client's account was suspended due to him violating the TOS (and we wouldn't allow him to stay in the server any longer for that reason), he told me:
    "Just wanted to let you know that the service level has been awesomely perfect during these years, and I would have loved to stay as a client of ****. However, I understand I might be guilty of negligence[...] so I understand your situation. Thanks a lot for the refund even though there was no need for one.[...]"

    Just willing to shed some light into the situation. The service level which that client experienced (personally written support tickets, which he also outlined later in the quote above, fast and promt solution to his problems...) would have been impossible in almost any of the big companies. And even more talking about Spanish companies.
    Free Male Enhancement Pills Affiliate Program for Webmasters and Internet Marketers
    $25/$30 per free trial. Converts like crazy, even on untargeted traffic (it does for me ).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousBiz View Post
    Some years ago I started a Web Hosting biz with a Reseller account.
    I still have clients from that time.

    And 3 days ago when a client's account was suspended due to him violating the TOS (and we wouldn't allow him to stay in the server any longer for that reason), he told me:
    "Just wanted to let you know that the service level has been awesomely perfect during these years, and I would have loved to stay as a client of ****. However, I understand I might be guilty of negligence[...] so I understand your situation. Thanks a lot for the refund even though there was no need for one.[...]"

    Just willing to shed some light into the situation. The service level which that client experienced (personally written support tickets, which he also outlined later in the quote above, fast and promt solution to his problems...) would have been impossible in almost any of the big companies. And even more talking about Spanish companies.
    I have to agree with you and Forsaken on this. Just because someone is reselling web hosting plans of another company does not label him/her as a unreliable/untrustworthy, etc.

    Some reseller companies, with manageable number of clients, in fact, give a better customer service than the mainstream companies.

  8. #8
    You can find a host being unreliable with reseller or for them having their own servers.

    I have seen many reliable hosts which are on reseller hosting, it is nothing to be afraid of. Just make sure to do your research of that host through searching forums and on search engines. Make sure that they have some sort of money back policy too so if they do turn out to be not so good, you can get your money back with no problems!

    Not many hosts which start out need a VPS or dedicated server, a reseller hosting is much more suited and easier to maintain - along with often getting much more performance for a lower cost at the initial stages.

    A disadvantage is, that they will have a lower amount of control over the node, such as for configuration or to meet your needs as much as a person with full control would have.

  9. #9
    Is this thread about hostings that are hosted on resellers. Or people who host buy reseller hosting. Eitherway probably its same.

    I have reseller packages on a few hosts and I never had any serious problems with them.

    On the last one even support respond fast.

    On both hosts everything flies and CPU resources are not over 0.5.

  10. #10
    I have been an host as well. Was a reseller of iwhic. It was a nice experience.
    Indian & International webmasters are welcome !!!

    http://NpXp.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •