Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hosting Problem: Urgent

  1. #1
    lethalboom's Avatar
    lethalboom is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hosting Problem: Urgent

    Hey guys.

    I have a problem with my hosting.

    Basically, users can't post comments. It sends them to the 404 page and tells them they're looking for something that isn't there. Obviously this isn't helping my blog one bit and I need it working again ASAP.

    Also, sometimes the admin panel for WP won't work properly and it'll say there are no posts or comments, so I'm guessing the database isn't linking properly?

    Can anyone give any suggestions on how to fix it? PLEASE?!

    Thanks,
    Simon

  2. #2
    gloson's Avatar
    gloson is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sorry I do not know much about hosting, but what you can do now is to write a short note that there is a problem near the top of the comment form. (edit comments.php in the theme)

  3. #3
    Gaya's Avatar
    Gaya is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like a wordpress installation problem rather then hosting problems

  4. #4
    lethalboom's Avatar
    lethalboom is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya View Post
    Sounds like a wordpress installation problem rather then hosting problems
    Yeah, that's what I thought, but it's always worked fine before, and I haven't changed anything in the files.

  5. #5
    TsubasaOzora's Avatar
    TsubasaOzora is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    agree with gaya..

    think you should check your file.. if they say 404 it mean the file is not there.. or maybe your setting is changed for some reason

    and if your file is OK, thinks it's time to ask your host support for help

  6. #6
    Nic SEO's Avatar
    Nic SEO is offline Experienced Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TsubasaOzora View Post
    agree with gaya..

    think you should check your file.. if they say 404 it mean the file is not there.. or maybe your setting is changed for some reason

    and if your file is OK, thinks it's time to ask your host support for help
    Your post is unnecessary since if you had taken the time to visit Simon's site, you would have noticed that his problem is now solved.

  7. #7
    KDisk's Avatar
    KDisk is offline *********
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Hey guys.

    I have a problem with my hosting.

    Basically, users can't post comments. It sends them to the 404 page and tells them they're looking for something that isn't there. Obviously this isn't helping my blog one bit and I need it working again ASAP.

    Also, sometimes the admin panel for WP won't work properly and it'll say there are no posts or comments, so I'm guessing the database isn't linking properly?

    Can anyone give any suggestions on how to fix it? PLEASE?!

    Thanks,
    Simon
    Generally a 404 message means that the page cannot be found. This can either be caused by a missing file or the permissions of the submit page being changed. If you contact me on MSN (KMyers @ K-Disk.com) I would be happy to help
    Keith I. Myers
    K-Disk Networks - Reseller Hosting Specialists
    Affordable Semi-Dedicated Reseller, Master Reseller and Alpha Reseller Hosting Done Right
    End User Ticket Support Available | FFMPEG Active on All Plans

Similar Threads

  1. Adsense Notice - Urgent
    By photoworldblog in forum AdSense
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1 July, 2011, 14:35 PM
  2. Need Urgent help to choose some domains.....
    By jakki in forum Domaining
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 4 July, 2010, 15:38 PM
  3. Need paypal urgent ! help please
    By 50Cent in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 June, 2010, 06:37 AM
  4. [WTS] Urgent: Selling $40 MB, I want PP
    By DotComBum in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 October, 2009, 11:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •