Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Name.com Vs. WP Web Host Review

  1. Red face Name.com Vs. WP Web Host Review

    Hi!

    I recently started The Dollar Diary.

    I first started off with the Name.com wordpress hosting.
    I thought Name was a big company nd I felt it would be a good bang for my buck.

    I later found out that they have no FTP...wow!!
    Then I started having technical problems.

    Their support is PATHETIC. I don't want to go into details.

    Then after less than a week I shifted to WP Web Host.

    They are AWESOME. They have answered all my support questions in no time. There support is very friendly and I decided to host another blog with them too.

    So, just wanna say WP Web Host ROCKS.

    Cheers!
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  2. Does wp really provide good hosting?
    A Kid's Making Money Online Journey - Blogging Kid
    Follow me on Twitter - @harishkrishna

  3. #3
    Lol nice review.
    See; being nice to your customers is the best solution

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrhad A View Post
    Hi!

    I recently started The Dollar Diary.

    I first started off with the Name.com wordpress hosting.
    I thought Name was a big company nd I felt it would be a good bang for my buck.

    I later found out that they have no FTP...wow!!
    Then I started having technical problems.

    Their support is PATHETIC. I don't want to go into details.

    Then after less than a week I shifted to WP Web Host.

    They are AWESOME. They have answered all my support questions in no time. There support is very friendly and I decided to host another blog with them too.

    So, just wanna say WP Web Host ROCKS.

    Cheers!
    Yes, this is a mistake most new users do. They are more confident in the big names... I used to have my site hosted at Netfirms, and they're support too is bad. It took me days just to cancel my account!

  5. #5
    Wow. I am so happy I am my own host haha. at least... the place I work at :P

  6. @harish Yes they rock.
    My Blog- Let's Get Talking!
    Are you on Twitter? Let's become friends!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya View Post
    Wow. I am so happy I am my own host haha. at least... the place I work at :P
    And how much did you invest in your servers? Is a small one under 500$ from IBM worth it or do you recommend buying a particular kind?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    And how much did you invest in your servers? Is a small one under 500$ from IBM worth it or do you recommend buying a particular kind?

    Thanks
    oh uhm. I have no idea. The network infrastructure dude does that stuff. if I recall we had some servers by Sun Microsystems, not sure though could be a name that sounded like it haha.

  9. #9
    To be honest, I'm not really surprised by the poor service you experienced from Name.com.

    If you think about it, name.com specialise in domains... that's why they're famous, and they'll always be better at domains than hosting, whereas WP Web Host are not only 100% hosting, they are also specialists in Wordpress so you're more likely to receive amazing service from them

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    And how much did you invest in your servers? Is a small one under 500$ from IBM worth it or do you recommend buying a particular kind?
    Very good point you've raised there Nic (even if you didn't mean to ;p)

    If you spent $500 on a server, how long will that last you? 10 years? How major are your sites?

    Personally I only run sites that hardly need any space or bandwidth, so I can always stick to the smaller plans. My hosting costs $1.50 per month, which means $18 per year. So, to make it worthwhile, I'd have to keep the sites for over 27 and a half years just to make the cost of the server worthwhile!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 5 November, 2009, 07:11 AM
  2. Review for Host Mist new design...
    By Coastercraze in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17 August, 2009, 17:20 PM
  3. Can you host yourself?
    By CoreyFreeman in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13 August, 2009, 09:26 AM
  4. Page review: "before you join a free host"
    By epidemic in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1 February, 2009, 19:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •