Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: AdSense Earning from Proxy Sites Falling

  1. #1
    Keldorn's Avatar
    Keldorn is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts

    Wink AdSense Earning from Proxy Sites Falling

    This is complete rubbish. 37,000 visits over a period of 15 days. 100 adsense clicks and $16. Anyone else experince the same?
    How can I improve the ctr on this? or maby there using adblocker?


    For month of August. (1st - 15th)





    Last edited by Keldorn; 17 August, 2009 at 17:45 PM.
    Submit new proxies -

  2. #2
    nux
    nux is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    534
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 77 Times in 54 Posts
    Here's a few steps I suggest you take.

    Move ads around to increase CTR. A good goal for proxies, in my opinion, are 1% CTR

    Redirect crappy traffic elsewhere. I generally send them to a proxy listing site.

    Don't buy garbage traffic from proxy.org. I find that the traffic from there rarely if ever pays well, and hardly click ads.

    Take a look at your on page copy for the page. Reread it a couple times and see if it seems natural, and then take into account keywords you're using/targeting on the page that may trigger high paying ads.

    My 2c
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

  3. #3
    Keldorn's Avatar
    Keldorn is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Still wonder if there may be some adblocking happneing. 37K visits , the impressions on the adsense where only 34K, doesn't add up.
    Also assuming a person is going to view the homepage multiple times. (or at least once) The impressions on the adsense should be twice or triple the size or exact.
    Submit new proxies -

  4. #4
    dtkguy's Avatar
    dtkguy is offline Still Learnin'
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 164 Times in 108 Posts
    I'd move the first paragraph of your "about" copy and the two ad units above the form. This will give the user (and the adsense bot) more to read before having to scroll to the form. This way an ad could catch their attention easier than them simply jumping straight to the form and bypassing everything right away since that is really the first thing they are seeing as of now.

    Next, what's the most used browser? With a large portion of your traffic coming from proxy.org and it leading straight to the ssl version of your page, it could be possible that people in IE7 and 8 are simply saying "No don't show unauthenticated content" thus never seeing the ads at all.

  5. #5
    Keldorn's Avatar
    Keldorn is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtkguy View Post
    I'd move the first paragraph of your "about" copy and the two ad units above the form. This will give the user (and the adsense bot) more to read before having to scroll to the form. This way an ad could catch their attention easier than them simply jumping straight to the form and bypassing everything right away since that is really the first thing they are seeing as of now.

    Next, what's the most used browser? With a large portion of your traffic coming from proxy.org and it leading straight to the ssl version of your page, it could be possible that people in IE7 and 8 are simply saying "No don't show unauthenticated content" thus never seeing the ads at all.

    Some good points. I totally forget about that I.E thing. If there clicking "no" alot that would explain the impressions/ctr being so low.
    I'd really hate to have to block I.E users from my SSL sites. I despise that browser so much.
    Submit new proxies -

  6. #6
    dtkguy's Avatar
    dtkguy is offline Still Learnin'
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 164 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    Some good points. I totally forget about that I.E thing. If there clicking "no" alot that would explain the impressions/ctr being so low.
    I'd really hate to have to block I.E users from my SSL sites. I despise that browser so much.
    No need to block them, just redirect them to non SSL first, that way originally the ads will show up, and then they could just click your 'enable ssl' link for secure access if they wanted it.

  7. #7
    IProx is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    The reason why you aren't making any money on Adsense has nothing to do with traffic sources, its the niche....

    Are people STILL using Adsense for proxies? Let me look at my calendar and make sure it isn't 2005.....

    If anyone is going to rely on Adsense for proxy sites you are eventually going to fail, Google will smartprice you, or you will eventually realize that the proxy keyword isn't the hottest paying niche.

    The solution: get rid of Adsense! Why use it???

    Nux: I don't understand your comments....are you saying the toplists in your signature are going to bring better "higher click" traffic than proxy.org? Hilarious!
    Last edited by IProx; 18 August, 2009 at 15:36 PM.

  8. #8
    nux
    nux is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    534
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 77 Times in 54 Posts
    I've been making a consistent $3-8 per day from one proxy site for the last two months. The traffic is just under 2000 UV/day. This is just the front page Adsense, and not the proxified page. You're telling me this isn't possible? I'm satisfied with these results.

    And you assume too much friend. I didn't say anything about my signature. Are you in some way affiliated with proxy.org?

    You say get rid of Adsense, what other advertising networks do you suggest for the front page of a proxy?

    Quote Originally Posted by IProx View Post
    The reason why you aren't making any money on Adsense has nothing to do with traffic sources, its the niche....

    Are people STILL using Adsense for proxies? Let me look at my calendar and make sure it isn't 2005.....

    If anyone is going to rely on Adsense for proxy sites you are eventually going to fail, Google will smartprice you, or you will eventually realize that the proxy keyword isn't the hottest paying niche.

    The solution: get rid of Adsense! Why use it???

    Nux: I don't understand your comments....are you saying the toplists in your signature are going to bring better "higher click" traffic than proxy.org? Hilarious!
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

  9. #9
    IProx is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    My point is this....proxy traffic is proxy traffic. Adsense earnings are a representation of what an advertiser will pay for that keyword. Unfortunately, proxies aren't that high on the list.

    If your making $ with Adsense, enjoy it while it lasts.

  10. #10
    nux
    nux is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    534
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 77 Times in 54 Posts
    For the most part that's true, but I find that when purchasing traffic from proxy.org it converts a lot less than other random traffic that's hitting sites.

    I've heard his from many others as well. While some people have found other ways to monetize this traffic, using Adsense is not one of those ways. If you're looking to earn from Adsense, I suggest you don't purchase traffic from proxy.org.
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21 September, 2010, 10:59 AM
  2. [WTB] Adsense sites earning $10+ per month
    By dcristo in forum Sites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21 April, 2010, 05:50 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27 October, 2009, 12:33 PM
  4. Proxy Sites - Adsense - Countries To Block ??
    By Soulzripper in forum AdSense
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 20 October, 2009, 13:20 PM
  5. AdSense CPC Falling...
    By Will.Spencer in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22 March, 2009, 17:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •