Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: appraisal on listing site

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    appraisal on listing site

    Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think my proxy listing site is worth.

    the site is juvos dot com. It's a proxy listing site I started a few months ago. It is currently listed in position 8 on google for the term "proxy sites" and has been steadily moving up for the last month. Not sure how high it will go.

    Since it hit first page on google, it's been over 1000 uniques a day everyday and rising. Yesterday was at over 1100.

    I'm just curious what people think a site like this could sell for.

    Thanks!
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

  2. #2
    Good work with Juvos but i think the revenue matters first not the position, that's what those interested will ask probably first.
    ...

  3. #3
    Good point. I've been making about 50c a day right now with the one little ad on the front page. It could be monetized a lot more, but I just wanted to keep the ad count low, simple ads, and out of the way.
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

  4. #4
    Sometimes google just hits you with lower ranking, so try to get as many backlinks as possible when you are on top, so the rankings will be stable.

    Try bringing the 468x60 adslot bit higher. Use something like FuseStats.com heatmaps to track your visitors. Also adding a link ad unit just after the menu will do good.

  5. #5
    Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I have been trying to do recently is move away from placing ads in places that users will accidently click them. I am smart priced, I think, and I think I could be earning upwards of $40 a day from google if I wasn't smartpriced.

    I'm trying to focus on putting ads where people see them, but only click them if they are interested in them.
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nux View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I have been trying to do recently is move away from placing ads in places that users will accidently click them. I am smart priced, I think, and I think I could be earning upwards of $40 a day from google if I wasn't smartpriced.

    I'm trying to focus on putting ads where people see them, but only click them if they are interested in them.
    Could you share some stats which leads you to think that you are smart priced?

    If you are earning 50cents currently, and you think if you were not smartpriced you would be earning $40 a day then you must have alot of clicks?

  7. #7
    The majority of my clicks are <5c. I have hundreds of clicks in a day and only earn $10ish on average with adsense. The other day when adsense messed up and counted each ad impression as a page impression (3 ads on a page was identified as 3 page loads) for some reason my CPM skyrocketed. I made $35 that day which is the highest in months.

    I imagine with the first bug they encountered, I somehow got unsmartpriced for that day...just a guess.

    But sooo many clicks at 0 or 1c is why I think that.
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nux View Post
    The majority of my clicks are <5c. I have hundreds of clicks in a day and only earn $10ish on average with adsense. The other day when adsense messed up and counted each ad impression as a page impression (3 ads on a page was identified as 3 page loads) for some reason my CPM skyrocketed. I made $35 that day which is the highest in months.

    I imagine with the first bug they encountered, I somehow got unsmartpriced for that day...just a guess.

    But sooo many clicks at 0 or 1c is why I think that.

    Thanks for the info, comparing to mine i would confirm your guess.

  9. #9
    1000 uniques a day. Take 1% CTR which equates to 10 clicks. Each click has to pay a whopping $4 to make $40 a day.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by small View Post
    1000 uniques a day. Take 1% CTR which equates to 10 clicks. Each click has to pay a whopping $4 to make $40 a day.
    Well he said he gets 100s of clicks per day, so your example is already flawed.

    1,000 uniques a day with a 1% ctr is only 10 clicks per day.

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] PR4 Proxy Listing Site
    By geeknb in forum Sites
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10 August, 2010, 11:03 AM
  2. New Proxy Listing site With no Ads! Ago4.com
    By SaturnLight in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23 June, 2010, 04:24 AM
  3. ProxySites.net - New listing site launched
    By nux in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25 September, 2009, 14:54 PM
  4. Please Review My Proxy Listing Site !
    By WebEvader in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11 April, 2009, 22:30 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1 January, 2009, 08:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •