Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: File size and other security steps

  1. #1

    File size and other security steps

    I've just installed Glype v1.1 on my g/f's first proxy.

    What should I set the file size at so that downloaders don't abuse my host account?

    What other settings does everyone else automatically set to reduce bandwidth or CPU usage?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Redmond, Oregon
    Posts
    828
    I run a rather high amount but a lot of people run 3-5 megabytes

    3 megabytes = 3145728 bytes
    4 megabytes = 4194304 bytes
    5 megabytes = 5242880 bytes

    It all depends on what you can spare

    might want to start with

    0.5 megabytes = 524288 bytes enough to watch youtube but not so much that warez can be downloaded.

    Reverse IP Check ಠ_ಠ Proxy Sites
    <?php if ($youask == 'stupid question') { echo ('stupid answer'); } ?>

  3. #3
    I think with glype you can just enter the 5 value instead of 5242880 bytes. I know with PhProxy you need to enter the byte value. I've been going with 5mb so far, and I've seen 8gig of bandwidth go down the drain since the start of the month.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    I think with glype you can just enter the 5 value instead of 5242880 bytes. I know with PhProxy you need to enter the byte value. I've been going with 5mb so far, and I've seen 8gig of bandwidth go down the drain since the start of the month.
    Yeah, Glype actually does accept just 5, and I'm assuming if you wanted 500kb you'd have to enter 0.5 in the text box, but I just set it to 1.

  5. #5
    Yeah thought so,

    The thing with Glype is it seems to have far less 'free' templates knocking around when compared with PhProxy. So it can be difficult trying to make sure each proxy is running a different template.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    Yeah thought so,

    The thing with Glype is it seems to have far less 'free' templates knocking around when compared with PhProxy. So it can be difficult trying to make sure each proxy is running a different template.
    Yes, that's true.. but you're allowed to use the same template on each proxy, just change the colors everytime

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    Yeah thought so,

    The thing with Glype is it seems to have far less 'free' templates knocking around when compared with PhProxy. So it can be difficult trying to make sure each proxy is running a different template.
    I'm going to knock out a few free themes for Glype, so give me a week or so and there will be another 5 or 6 themes available.

  8. #8
    Might be a stupid question:

    What does the bandwidth limit? Is the amount information each person can view using your proxy? Or is a file download issue?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    Might be a stupid question:

    What does the bandwidth limit? Is the amount information each person can view using your proxy? Or is a file download issue?
    The amount that a unique IP can download with your proxy in total..
    But I can be wrong, but I don't think so

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  10. #10
    That would suck, cause people would go away when thier limit is done, and never come back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] PR1 File Mirror Site - Upload to 15 File Hosts
    By ChaoscripT in forum Sites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 September, 2010, 10:53 AM
  2. [WTS] PHP Security Audit (by a PHP Security Expert)
    By SeriousBiz in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2 August, 2009, 07:12 AM
  3. Hotlinking + max file size
    By JOSHMONGAN in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30 July, 2009, 21:29 PM
  4. Limit the download file size in glype
    By speedy in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10 March, 2009, 15:27 PM
  5. steps to completion
    By epidemic in forum Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2 March, 2009, 18:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •