Need Ideas for New Web Proxy Script
I am involved in a project with two other people who are developing a web proxy script with more features and functionality than other scripts. One of them is a member here (R4z0r). It's unfortunate that some of the great ones we know are not always maintained. It will have an independent theming system and a comprehensive but easy to understand admin panel.
One of the main features behind this is going to be central deployment. This is a feature for webmasters who operate several proxy sites, as many do. You can easily change the theme or settings of one or several sites in just a few clicks.
You've all been asked this question before, but what features would you like to see from a web proxy script alternative?
Deployment script & new features
this is R4z0r. I am part of the coding and marketing team. Some more details of what will do on the feature site:
- This new Web Proxy System will be easier to manage then Glype (although Glype is easy already but there is space for improvement)
- Easy adding of advertisement on different sections of the templates
- Easy to add links/ads on proxified pages underneath address bar
- Will have a light-weight, efficient, and stable framework
- Your users will have access to Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. without drawbacks
- The new Proxy System will be secure. Glype and other scripts have serious security holes.
- Comprehensive and detailed log if you wish (optional) to determine for example wihich IP (user) uses the most bandwidth
- Implement Google Analytics (optional: add-on)
- Implement Google, Yahoo Website Verification Code in Header (optional: add-on)
- We will try to make the web proxy 100% Web 2.0 (AJAX etc.), HTML 5 complient
- Content editor: Write your content on predefined areas - depending on your template (flexible)
- GeoIP: Block countries if you wish (optional: add-on)
- Block Ips: block IPs or IP ranges to your liking
- Option to block adds on proxified pages
- Option to use Anti-Adblock System on your Web Proxy so users using Adblockers will have to disable them for your web proxy site
- HideMe/Panic button
- Newsletter & Groups: Newsletter / Groups box for visitors to subscribe (optional: add-on)
- Visitors online (optional: add-on)
- SEO Optimizer
- Manage Newsletters, Affiliate boxes (where and how you want them), Block IPs, Countries
- Automatic update of the Script (optional): On new releases you either get a message or you can choose to get it installed automatically
- We will build a community for support once the website is up and running
- Now its your turn, WHAT NEW FEATURES would you like? Its now or never :thumbup:
Proxy Deployment details:
Lets say you have for example 30 Web Proxy Sites and you wish to change templates for Web Proxy Number 4, 7 and 10-15 -> just select the desired template and its done!
You would like to wish your affiliate partner on certain sections on the site or on the whole site? No Problem you will be able to do this with one click: just select the proxies you would like to change.
Deploy 1 Web proxy site to hundreds automatically!
Central controll over Keywords, Site Title and Site Description (HTML Head)
Central Control over Headline Sections for SEO (<h1>,<h2>,<h3>)
Central Control over external links placed on your web proxies, divided into 3 categories: your other web proxies, link partner, your web proxy list
Any other Proxy Deployment ideas? Its now or never :thumbup:
The Proxy will be coded in PHP: That is all you need. Just copy it into your folder configure it to your liking and thats it.
Our target: To code the best web proxy on the web and continously improve it.
Another thing: We are looking for a short, easy to remeber name for our proxy: andy ideas? You can make history by finding a cool name we will use