Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Proxy to-do List

  1. #1
    Stylosa's Avatar
    Stylosa is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts

    Proxy to-do List

    I need some help guys!

    So far this is what I've managed to get done with my proxies.

    1. They all feature unique content.
    2. I've used different templates.
    3. I've created a Google group and added the subscribe code to my proxies.
    4. Adsense is running on the proxy homepage only.
    5. Redirects are in place and hotlinking is prevented.
    6. Restricted the max download limit to 5mb.
    7. Added my proxies to 60 toplists, including Tech-Faq etc.

    Now I need to work out how to add adverts to the proxified pages, I cannot for the life of my work it out. I need to block the dodgy countries which I should be able to do easily enough. Then I need to get more exposure for my proxies. How do I go about doing that?

    Also if you proxy experts can point out any other areas I'm missing, it would be greatly appreciated .

  2. #2
    Come's Avatar
    Come is offline Building a Twitter Empire
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Martinique, FWI
    Posts
    321
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    Now I need to work out how to add adverts to the proxified pages, I cannot for the life of my work it out.
    Sign up with AdVersal (afiliate, thanks), GlobalInteractive and CanepMedia Then, create 468x60 ads and add two of them in your proxified pages (config.php in Glype).
    You can see the Proxy Monetization Thread for more informations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    I need to block the dodgy countries which I should be able to do easily enough.
    The most simply way is to create a .htacces file trough block a country, block by ip address, deny access by country

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    Then I need to get more exposure for my proxies. How do I go about doing that?
    You must try Yahoo Answer! This is a hunge source of targeted traffic
    Just search for Opened Questions with 'unblock facebook'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    Also if you proxy experts can point out any other areas I'm missing, it would be greatly appreciated .
    Do you track visitors with Google Analystics ? Do you keep logs to see where visitors surf ?

  3. #3
    Stylosa's Avatar
    Stylosa is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Come View Post
    Sign up with AdVersal (afiliate, thanks), GlobalInteractive and CanepMedia Then, create 468x60 ads and add two of them in your proxified pages (config.php in Glype).

    You must try Yahoo Answer! This is a hunge source of targeted traffic
    Just search for Opened Questions with 'unblock facebook'.

    Do you track visitors with Google Analystics ? Do you keep logs to see where visitors surf ?
    Yahoo Answers sounds like a great idea, I never thought of that one!

    I'm running Google analytics on all my sites.

    I'm using Phproxy at the moment, but next week I'll be rolling into Glype based proxies so thanks for the guidance.


    If money was no option, what would be the best and most cost effective advertising method?

  4. #4
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    Yahoo Answers sounds like a great idea, I never thought of that one!

    I'm running Google analytics on all my sites.

    I'm using Phproxy at the moment, but next week I'll be rolling into Glype based proxies so thanks for the guidance.


    If money was no option, what would be the best and most cost effective advertising method?
    Proxy List Submissions...
    Check Proxdealers.Com - For All Proxy Owners! (my site) for links where you can submit them...

    And yeah Yahoo answers is free too

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  5. #5
    Stylosa's Avatar
    Stylosa is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
    I don't want to pay for proxy submissions, I'm happy to do that myself. Like I said I've currently added each proxy to 60 toplists.

    As far as I'm aware the only paid options for proxy advertising are having a paid location within a toplist, or having my links added to a proxy newsletter.

    I'm trying to look at this from an investment point of view, I want to spend money to quickly increase the exposure of my sites.

  6. #6
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    I don't want to pay for proxy submissions, I'm happy to do that myself. Like I said I've currently added each proxy to 60 toplists.

    As far as I'm aware the only paid options for proxy advertising are having a paid location within a toplist, or having my links added to a proxy newsletter.

    I'm trying to look at this from an investment point of view, I want to spend money to quickly increase the exposure of my sites.
    Hmmm... I was just linking to my site because there is a list there with much more than 60 toplists who can give you a lot of traffic
    You don't have to pay if you don't want too

    And advertising is great if you do it on toplists like proxytoolbox.com (Or Proxlists.com )

    Check out Alexa first before you do PAID advertising..
    There are thousands of great proxy lists who have a low price for advertising...
    I mean, 15$ per month for #1 listing.. You will get RoI normally

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  7. #7
    Stylosa's Avatar
    Stylosa is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
    I keep looking at the banner you have on proxlists hehe

    It sounds stupid but I enjoy adding my sites to toplists haha, I only have the 60 toplists so far but I'm always on the lookout for more.

    Yeah, that was going to be my next question, which are the best lists to actually pay for listings?

  8. #8
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylosa View Post
    I keep looking at the banner you have on proxlists hehe

    It sounds stupid but I enjoy adding my sites to toplists haha, I only have the 60 toplists so far but I'm always on the lookout for more.

    Yeah, that was going to be my next question, which are the best lists to actually pay for listings?
    Yeah, in fact it's cheap
    And ProxLists is getting some good traffic already...
    But yeah I'll promote some others first (I will show you guys my ALEXA when ProxLists.com is added )

    But the best to advertise on is: AZProxies.com & ProxyToolbox.com
    Proxy.org is possible, but I don't like them very much

    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  9. #9
    Stylosa's Avatar
    Stylosa is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
    I'll look into those two sites and see what the deal is.

Similar Threads

  1. Proxy-Zone.net | List of Proxy Servers - Submit today!
    By arsenalfun in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 December, 2010, 05:05 AM
  2. Web Proxy List_Proxy List,Free Web Proxy List,Submit your proxies for free
    By webproxylist in forum Proxy List Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10 December, 2010, 18:10 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1 April, 2010, 14:51 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19 March, 2010, 02:26 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6 July, 2009, 19:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •