Beta (V0.4) version also as a note, i would recommend every one update to the latest version (V0.3) as it can stop some "unwanted" activity using massive amounts of bandwidth, how ever its not needed if you do not get bandwidth spikes
I just installed the beta on vectrosuffix.com. I still have more learning and testing to do, but here are my first impressions...
What needs improvement:
- My server-side hotlink protection (via .htaccess) prevents images from loading on proxied pages. I had to disable it.
- Expand on this comment in settings.php so it's more clear what it is: // Block all sites BUT proxy home must be same. What do you mean by "must be same".
What I like so far:
- Blocking sites by URL.
- Blocking sites with certain keywords.
- Prevention of indexing
- IP ban
- Ad space at the top of proxied pages configurable in settings.php - important.
- Change the default logging option to 'no'. It's easier on servers and people's disk space quota on their hosting account. Setting the default to 'no' also keeps with the goal of privacy.
- Built-in hotlink protection.
Sorry that my random notes to my self. i fixed the block but bug any way.
Beta is updated, notes are more clear, fixed the header, now you can add your own ad code in the header.
Also cleaned up my notes. and made a to-do list.
1. Better header
2. Better "parkability", make it so you dont set a domain.
3. Fix the input from a fourm
4. Add site plugins/hooks for other coders.
5. Add a Admin side (last)
Any other ideas?
I've installed the beta update on vectrosuffix.com. Out of ideas for now but I'll reply if I think of anything.
sorry for the lack of develpment on this script. (school and other scripts)
my queston it would the proxy comunity like this to have a controle planle or work on other things first.
so far my olny plans are to add a "bar" the the top of pages to look better.
and to make it use less resorces, so it can be hosted on vectro's light package.
also could i get so feadback on the filters i know astro blocks suffixproxys, but what about other filters?
I have found a few bugs, expect a update soon that should fix some bandwidth usage.
Also I plan to add suffixproxying to phproxy improved.
Except updates within 2-3 weeks
I fixed a few minor bugs myself and did a slight code clean-up. Nothing really skilled, just basic stuff. Here is the new download since there's really no official download site left any more.
Suffix Proxy PHP Script (Beta)