26 January, 2011, 02:43 AM
Vectro / x Proxy Host Server Performance
I have been working on the servers for the last couple of days. This is what has been done so far to increase performance:
- Scaled daily backups to weekly (all 3 servers)
- Changed extracpus setting in cPanel config to reduce the amount of resources consumed by statistics processing. This may cause some stats to be backed up by 24 hours on some occasions, but it's better than slow servers (all 3 servers).
- Disabled PHP error logging on 'centurion'. This had already disabled on 'agrestic' and 'stuff' some time ago.
- Located sites using inappropriate amounts of resources and contacted the owners.
- Placed hourly limits on the number of MySQL requests per account.
These steps have reduced the strain and cut back on random load spikes that cause lag. There will be a 4th server online in the coming days and some accounts will be moved to it. That should be the final step in stabilizing the servers.
People are very happy with the hosting and the orders have been pouring in. I am doing everything I can to accommodate everyone.
Tags for this Thread