Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Getting spammed in blog comments by the same Jack ASS. How to block the spammer's IP?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Getting spammed in blog comments by the same Jack ASS. How to block the spammer's IP?

    I am getting spammed with the same comment that contains hundreds of links to porn, drugs and hate sites over 100 times per day. How do I block that robot style comments from entering the spam filter.

  2. #2
    Well first of all what spam filter have you got?

    Or you can use .htaccess to block the IP etc

  3. #3
    Have you installed the Akismet plugin? Or aren't you using WP?

    There are a lot of other antispam addons for WP away from akismet, Google it & find it
    |Nico Lawsons

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Redmond, Oregon
    Posts
    828
    In wordpress you can mark the comment as spam. If other can use htaccess to block the ip or you can forward the ip to your host and they can block at the firewall.

    Now you might want to install a captcha system to prevent this as the spammers can rotate there ips and depending on your setup may not ever catch them.

    Reverse IP Check ಠ_ಠ Proxy Sites
    <?php if ($youask == 'stupid question') { echo ('stupid answer'); } ?>

  5. #5
    You can install the 'Wordpress Antispam' plugin to block the IP.

  6. #6
    I use Akismet plugin for wordpress. The spam is getting filtered I am just getting sick of deleting all the comments. Some of the comments are from forum members and I would hate to delete them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
    I use Akismet plugin for wordpress. The spam is getting filtered I am just getting sick of deleting all the comments. Some of the comments are from forum members and I would hate to delete them.
    I know that sometimes Akismet move good comment (which is not spam) in spam folder but still its best solution IMO.

    DON.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by deluxdon View Post
    I know that sometimes Akismet move good comment (which is not spam) in spam folder but still its best solution IMO.

    DON.
    Have you tried the wp-spamfree? It deletes all the spam comments that come for spambots. Wp Spamfree uses both javascript and cookies to detect and block.

    Akismet is good. But too many good comments get moved to the spam box and get deleted automatically if you don't check.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Have you tried the wp-spamfree? It deletes all the spam comments that come for spambots. Wp Spamfree uses both javascript and cookies to detect and block.

    Akismet is good. But too many good comments get moved to the spam box and get deleted automatically if you don't check.
    Ok then i think i need to give it a try to wp-spamfree plugin.

    DON.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by deluxdon View Post
    Ok then i think i need to give it a try to wp-spamfree plugin.

    DON.
    You can also use it together with akismet.

    I'm using it without akismet and it works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTT] Blog Comments!
    By Kovich in forum Content
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20 October, 2009, 12:29 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6 October, 2009, 19:19 PM
  3. The Purpose of Blog Comments
    By CoreyFreeman in forum Blogging
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16 July, 2009, 01:03 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18 May, 2009, 11:42 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10 May, 2009, 23:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •