Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What's this encoded index.php thing??

  1. #1

    What's this encoded index.php thing??

    Hello

    What kind of encoding is done within the wordpress theme files like index.php ??

    I do get the purpose.
    How do we decode them??

    How easy is it??

    Thanks !

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFletcher View Post
    Hello

    What kind of encoding is done within the wordpress theme files like index.php ??

    I do get the purpose.
    How do we decode them??

    How easy is it??

    Thanks !
    Well I would be just honest, and leave it there, its too make you keep the footer. Else just buy a template, its more professional.
    You can buy cheap templates at like

    http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress

    I am buying all kinds of cool stuff from there myself.
    Submit new proxies -

  3. #3
    Well, I know that.
    I am just asking if there is an easier way to decode those stuffs...

  4. #4
    Just search Google, there is an online decoder where you insert the encoded text and it decodes it. Can't remember where exactly, had done it long back.

  5. #5
    Generally Footer.php files are encoded in the Wordpress themes . you can easily decode them using them using online decoders .

    Generally Base 64 coding is used and it can be easily decoded with the help of either the html source or by using online decoders

    But donot remove the link backs of theme makers without proper license

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdnessme View Post
    Generally Footer.php files are encoded in the Wordpress themes . you can easily decode them using them using online decoders .

    Generally Base 64 coding is used and it can be easily decoded with the help of either the html source or by using online decoders

    But donot remove the link backs of theme makers without proper license

    Yeah! I got there are found that it was base 64 encoding, but couldn't get the codes.

    Sent a PM to you.

  7. #7
    decoding source codes can take for ever just leave it there

  8. I wouldn't use any script thats encoded in any way on the server, especially "free" wordpress ones.

    Security nightmare if you don't know whats encoded.
    Xbox 720 Next Generation Console - Video gamers check it out!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    I wouldn't use any script thats encoded in any way on the server, especially "free" wordpress ones.

    Security nightmare if you don't know whats encoded.
    You can use 'free' wordpress templates from 'reliable' sources which will make it more secure to use
    |Nico Lawsons

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdnessme View Post
    Generally Footer.php files are encoded in the Wordpress themes . you can easily decode them using them using online decoders .

    Generally Base 64 coding is used and it can be easily decoded with the help of either the html source or by using online decoders

    But donot remove the link backs of theme makers without proper license

    Core php files of wordpress related themes are under GPL licence. Which means he has every right to edit every theme .php file.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20 July, 2010, 19:49 PM
  2. What was the last thing you ate?
    By Shotgun in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30 June, 2010, 02:40 AM
  3. can you tel lme what this thing will do ?
    By garfish in forum Tech-Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4 June, 2010, 23:10 PM
  4. The Next Big Thing
    By Kovich in forum Business
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25 October, 2009, 12:41 PM
  5. how de index
    By thesyndicate in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17 August, 2009, 14:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •